All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Post Reply
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5744
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by MWmetalhead »

I thought Albin did about as good of a job as possible with tonight's U.S. Senate candidate debate. Rogers and El-Sayed repeatedly took off the proverbial gloves, there were certainly fireworks, yet Albin somehow prevented the affair from completely spiraling out of control.

The questions that were posed all pertained to matters of significant importance. I thought WOOD-TV's staff did a very good job curating questions and content.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
bmw
Posts: 9302
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by bmw »

I watched the whole thing, and I have to agree.

I'm also disappointed in the 2 choices we have for governor.
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15170
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by TC Talks »

bmw wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:04 pm I watched the whole thing, and I have to agree.

I'm also disappointed in the 2 choices we have for governor.
Translation: John James is a black Republican, and I won't vote Democrat
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
User avatar
Bull Shannon
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by Bull Shannon »

As a side note, I guess I just haven't seen him on TV in a long time, but it caught me off-guard just how much age has caught up to Rick Albin.
bmw
Posts: 9302
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by bmw »

TC Talks wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:39 pm Translation: John James is a black Republican, and I won't vote Democrat
Wrong debate there bud.
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15170
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by TC Talks »

bmw wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:02 pm
TC Talks wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:39 pm Translation: John James is a black Republican, and I won't vote Democrat
Wrong debate there bud.
You don't like Mike Rogers? He seems just your type.
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
audiophile
Posts: 9558
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by audiophile »

"...You can keep your health Insurance..." Where have we heard this before?
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
bmw
Posts: 9302
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by bmw »

TC Talks wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:17 pm You don't like Mike Rogers?
Both candidates had their canned answers. But Rogers seemed way less skilled at knowing how to use them.

And Rogers was completely incompetent at responding to and taking advantage of some of El-Sayed's weaknesses.
audiophile
Posts: 9558
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by audiophile »

What was so hard about answering the question Israel or Iran? Israel is democracy and doesn't have stated death wish on other countries.

We certainly can debate if their responses have went too far, but they are certainly not spreading terrorism through proxies like Iran does.

Easy answer: Israel is a better nation than Iran.
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
bmw
Posts: 9302
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by bmw »

audiophile wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:04 pm What was so hard about answering the question Israel or Iran? Israel is democracy and doesn't have stated death wish on other countries.

We certainly can debate if their responses have went too far, but they are certainly not spreading terrorism through proxies like Iran does.

Easy answer: Israel is a better nation than Iran.
This was easily El-Sayed's weakest answer. Calling it some kind of "hypothetical." There was nothing hypothetical about the question. Israel exists. Iran exists. Which country is the biggest threat? Of course though, he can't acknowledge that Iran is any kind of significant threat because the entire underlying foundation of his anti-war position is that Iran is not a threat. He did eventually try to thread the needle and said something along the lines of Iran and Israel each pose different types of threats, Israel's threat being that of drawing us into a war. Which was a ridiculously convoluted answer.
Last edited by bmw on Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bull Shannon
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by Bull Shannon »

Israel and Iran are equal threats, but nobody wants to have that conversation.
bmw
Posts: 9302
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Kudos to Rick Albin and WOOD-TV

Unread post by bmw »

Bull Shannon wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:26 pm Israel and Iran are equal threats, but nobody wants to have that conversation.
To the United States?
Post Reply