Cosign. It's been a constant for me, too.teetoppz28 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:24 pmFor me today, I get that message about every other click...![]()
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Random server glitches over the past week
- Bull Shannon
- Posts: 566
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5747
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
I can confirm the renewed slowness is coming from (surprise!) scraping bots owned by Microsoft.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
Maybe that’s what they should go after them for.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:48 pm I can confirm the renewed slowness is coming from (surprise!) scraping bots owned by Microsoft.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5747
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
My sessions table, which I emptied about a week ago, had 96,000 unique sessions recorded since then.
We all know damn well the vast majority of that is from A.I. scraping bots.
When the sessions table in my database becomes overloaded, it can cause major site issues.
I just found a setting in my Admin Panel just now that will hopefully prevent this from reoccurring. I've also opened a ticket with my server side security provider asking if additional safeguards can be put in place to eliminate bot scraping traffic.
We all know damn well the vast majority of that is from A.I. scraping bots.
When the sessions table in my database becomes overloaded, it can cause major site issues.
I just found a setting in my Admin Panel just now that will hopefully prevent this from reoccurring. I've also opened a ticket with my server side security provider asking if additional safeguards can be put in place to eliminate bot scraping traffic.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
- ZenithCKLW
- Posts: 1239
- Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
- Location: Livonia, MI
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
My laptop behaves so weird when those issues with the board happen. My phone and ipad, on the same network, don’t encounter the identical issues (other issues).
I don’t know enough about web server issues, but my laptop security software does weird things sometimes so I’m slightly paranoid. There’s no chance my computer is doing something to cause this, right?
I don’t know enough about web server issues, but my laptop security software does weird things sometimes so I’m slightly paranoid. There’s no chance my computer is doing something to cause this, right?
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5747
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
You've got nothing to worry about. I can see the sources of the traffic overwhelming the server. A big chunk is from Microsoft.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
The censorship king from out of state.
Dickish and right.
Dickish and right.
Re: Random server glitches over the past week
You would think this wouldn't be any harder to handle than the spam email issues that have been prevalent for over 30 years. Once you start ID'ing the sources on an individual basis, you blacklist them from all other sites (whether by IP address, DNS ID, or other info).MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:36 pm My sessions table, which I emptied about a week ago, had 96,000 unique sessions recorded since then.
We all know damn well the vast majority of that is from A.I. scraping bots.
When the sessions table in my database becomes overloaded, it can cause major site issues.
I just found a setting in my Admin Panel just now that will hopefully prevent this from reoccurring. I've also opened a ticket with my server side security provider asking if additional safeguards can be put in place to eliminate bot scraping traffic.
