All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Random server glitches over the past week

Got a question? Can't figure out how to get that neat picture under your user name? Need any other tech tips? Post it here! Also, this is where I make important site related announcements.
User avatar
Bull Shannon
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by Bull Shannon »

teetoppz28 wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:24 pm
Turkeytop wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 3:28 pm I keep getting this message.
Hosting Server Connect Timeout
HTTP 502 — Unable to Connect to the Origin Server

Please try again in a few minutes.
For me today, I get that message about every other click... :(
Cosign. It's been a constant for me, too.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5747
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by MWmetalhead »

I can confirm the renewed slowness is coming from (surprise!) scraping bots owned by Microsoft.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 25594
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by Rate This »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:48 pm I can confirm the renewed slowness is coming from (surprise!) scraping bots owned by Microsoft.
Maybe that’s what they should go after them for.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.

The Resistance begins now.

This is a pro-Democracy account.

Dear America… you were warned.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5747
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by MWmetalhead »

My sessions table, which I emptied about a week ago, had 96,000 unique sessions recorded since then.

We all know damn well the vast majority of that is from A.I. scraping bots.

When the sessions table in my database becomes overloaded, it can cause major site issues.

I just found a setting in my Admin Panel just now that will hopefully prevent this from reoccurring. I've also opened a ticket with my server side security provider asking if additional safeguards can be put in place to eliminate bot scraping traffic.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by ZenithCKLW »

My laptop behaves so weird when those issues with the board happen. My phone and ipad, on the same network, don’t encounter the identical issues (other issues).

I don’t know enough about web server issues, but my laptop security software does weird things sometimes so I’m slightly paranoid. There’s no chance my computer is doing something to cause this, right?
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5747
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by MWmetalhead »

You've got nothing to worry about. I can see the sources of the traffic overwhelming the server. A big chunk is from Microsoft.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 9853
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by Honeyman »

I get this alot:


Image
The censorship king from out of state.

Dickish and right.
km1125
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Re: Random server glitches over the past week

Unread post by km1125 »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:36 pm My sessions table, which I emptied about a week ago, had 96,000 unique sessions recorded since then.

We all know damn well the vast majority of that is from A.I. scraping bots.

When the sessions table in my database becomes overloaded, it can cause major site issues.

I just found a setting in my Admin Panel just now that will hopefully prevent this from reoccurring. I've also opened a ticket with my server side security provider asking if additional safeguards can be put in place to eliminate bot scraping traffic.
You would think this wouldn't be any harder to handle than the spam email issues that have been prevalent for over 30 years. Once you start ID'ing the sources on an individual basis, you blacklist them from all other sites (whether by IP address, DNS ID, or other info).
Post Reply