MichMash wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 4:17 pm
moldyoldie wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:52 am
Who's going to see JV's swan song tomorrow? Standing room only.
I will be there. I did not buy tickets specifically to see JV; we always had this game in our season-ticket package.
Before JV was announced as the Saturday starter, I looked into switching our tickets to Friday in order to get the JV bobblehead. Glad I didn't follow through on it; I'd rather just see him pitch than add to my excessive bobblehead collection.
I still have a couple old porcelain bobbleheads from the '60s, generic Tigers and Lions.

My only latter day bobblehead is Stevie Y.
Live long enough and you'll see anything. Mr. Clutch Torkelson (

) swung and missed on a breaking ball in the dirt on a 3-2 pitch with the bases loaded and two outs. It got past the catcher to the wall; with the runners going on the pitch two runs scored!

Tork was safe at first.
Tork earlier hit a low liner to right that got past the right fielder all the way to the wall. Two runs scored and he ended up on third.
This must be Tork's day of divine redemption.
The pregame ceremony for JV tonight was a fine tribute.

It was a prelude to some awful Pirates defense. I wish I could hear the Pirates announcers.
(Edit)
This Sears guy (

) has almost blown an 8-2 lead in the eighth yielding FIVE runs. He should fit in perfectly in this bullpen.
(Edit)
Kenley Jansen gets career save #498.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris