I recently noticed that WKFR's playlist has been mimicking WLHT's playlist during the day Monday-Friday. If WLHT plays an "older" track from the 90s or 2000s, WKFR will typically swap the track with a more contemporary alternative. On the weekends, WKFR uses a traditional Top 40 playlist that mimics WJIM.
WKFR has a history of straddling the line between the Hot AC and Top 40 formats. I am curious if WKFR's current playlist direction is a reaction to WVFM's concerted efforts to target a similar demographic.
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
WKFR's Playlist
-
ChrisWL1980
- Posts: 1249
- Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am
Re: WKFR's Playlist
Seems like they're splitting their time between two Townsquare corporate music logs now and just making some alterations when they air the Hot AC playlist.
Townsquare stations have been, for the most part, using corporate playlists for some time. Before 100.5's picking up the former WFGR format, you'd hear the same songs there and in the same order as on 99.1 WFMK.
Townsquare stations have been, for the most part, using corporate playlists for some time. Before 100.5's picking up the former WFGR format, you'd hear the same songs there and in the same order as on 99.1 WFMK.
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5730
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: WKFR's Playlist
I noticed the playlist near-mimicry between 95.7 and 103.3 in early autumn.
I suspect 103.3 backed off its pure CHR sound about the time the plug was pulled on Hits 96.5. That's just a guess on my part
The KDWB jingles sound weird on that station. The number of notes in the jingle do not match the number of syllables in "103.3" or "KFR."
I would've chosen a different jingle package, but that's just me.
I suspect 103.3 backed off its pure CHR sound about the time the plug was pulled on Hits 96.5. That's just a guess on my part
The KDWB jingles sound weird on that station. The number of notes in the jingle do not match the number of syllables in "103.3" or "KFR."
I would've chosen a different jingle package, but that's just me.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Re: WKFR's Playlist
The playlist duplication of WKFR and WLHT has been like that for quite some time.
I remember a few years ago, classic rock WMRR-Muskegon and WBFX-Grand Rapids were using identical playlists.
I remember a few years ago, classic rock WMRR-Muskegon and WBFX-Grand Rapids were using identical playlists.