Page 25 of 44
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm
by Deleted User 14935
Yes, But this guy is not for real, But I could be wrong.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm
by stopnswop2
Steve Korvette wrote: βFri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm
Yes, But this guy is not for real, But I could be wrong.
My original theory is that he works at another station and is upset that we are making all these threads for the competing stations.
He seems jealous and triggered
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:50 pm
by Deleted User 14935
Too bad for him

.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 pm
by windsor
Great pick MW on the COC Drowning in a day. dream.I would love to hear that one to on the new Wheelz.
I would love to add Pepper/COC and Phil/Pantera's side project Down---Stone the Crow.Nice groove in this one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdnki7XBzPE
Also nice article in RadioInsight comparing WLLZ vs WCSX in a time slot.I surely would pick the WLLZ list.Its alot fresher sounding then the CSX zillionth spin weekend.Plus I hate Billy Joel.......
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm
by Deleted User 14935
Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm
by windsor
Steve Korvette wrote: βFri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Agreed

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:21 pm
by stopnswop2
windsor wrote: βFri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: βFri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Agreed
We are gonna fight now.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am
by Mega Hertz
I like some Billy Joel, but I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Bruce.
Methinks neither will be featured on this station very much, if it all.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:51 am
by Deleted User 14935
Mega Hertz wrote: βSat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am
I like some Billy Joel, but I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Bruce.
Methinks neither will be featured on this station very much, if it all.
If the New Wheels plays BJ, Then thatβs when I start listening to Taylor Swift with my Granddaughter.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:28 am
by borderboy653659200
I like Bruce,but unlike Stoney,have no need to hear him fifty times daily .
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:23 pm
by stopnswop2
Billy Joel is NOT classic rock, so he won't be on here
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm
by Colonel Flagg
Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.
To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.
I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:48 pm
by Colonel Flagg
Is Rob Bennett still around? He was on Wheels at night back in the early 90's. Lost track of him after that. Nobody knows where Gary Palmer is these days? Sadly, Dorian Pastor, Steve Striker, Kerry Maul, and Bob Bauer are no longer with us, and left way too soon.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:09 pm
by Mega Hertz
Colonel Flagg wrote: βSat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.
To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.
I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny.
I love reading your posts about the original Wheels.
I don't ever remember much of the softer stuff being on WLLZ. I was shocked to hear Fleetwood Mac on one of my aircheck videos.
Thank you for bringing up VH. I would love for some Sammy stuff to make it into rotation at some point. It seems that ever since Dave has been back, most of the Sammy stuff has disappeared.
By all means, drop a line anytime about how things were at the original 98.7 frequency of WLLZ. Having worked at WRIF, I know the history, but know minimal about Wheels. Would love to learn more!