All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Yes, But this guy is not for real, But I could be wrong.
stopnswop2
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:50 pm Yes, But this guy is not for real, But I could be wrong.
My original theory is that he works at another station and is upset that we are making all these threads for the competing stations.

He seems jealous and triggered
Music is my life.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Too bad for him 😢.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Great pick MW on the COC Drowning in a day. dream.I would love to hear that one to on the new Wheelz.

I would love to add Pepper/COC and Phil/Pantera's side project Down---Stone the Crow.Nice groove in this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdnki7XBzPE

Also nice article in RadioInsight comparing WLLZ vs WCSX in a time slot.I surely would pick the WLLZ list.Its alot fresher sounding then the CSX zillionth spin weekend.Plus I hate Billy Joel.......
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Agreed :lol:
stopnswop2
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

windsor wrote: ↑Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm Billy Joel, Sucks! And so does Springsteen.
Agreed :lol:
We are gonna fight now.
:razz :lol
Music is my life.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

I like some Billy Joel, but I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Bruce.

Methinks neither will be featured on this station very much, if it all.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 am I like some Billy Joel, but I'm gonna take a hard pass on the Bruce.

Methinks neither will be featured on this station very much, if it all.
If the New Wheels plays BJ, Then that’s when I start listening to Taylor Swift with my Granddaughter.
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

I like Bruce,but unlike Stoney,have no need to hear him fifty times daily .
stopnswop2
Posts: 3285
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

Billy Joel is NOT classic rock, so he won't be on here
Music is my life.
User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Colonel Flagg »

Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.

To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.

I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny. :smokin
"Nobody can get the truth out of me, because even I don't know what it is"
User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Colonel Flagg »

Is Rob Bennett still around? He was on Wheels at night back in the early 90's. Lost track of him after that. Nobody knows where Gary Palmer is these days? Sadly, Dorian Pastor, Steve Striker, Kerry Maul, and Bob Bauer are no longer with us, and left way too soon.
"Nobody can get the truth out of me, because even I don't know what it is"
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Colonel Flagg wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.

To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.

I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny. :smokin
I love reading your posts about the original Wheels.

I don't ever remember much of the softer stuff being on WLLZ. I was shocked to hear Fleetwood Mac on one of my aircheck videos.

Thank you for bringing up VH. I would love for some Sammy stuff to make it into rotation at some point. It seems that ever since Dave has been back, most of the Sammy stuff has disappeared.

By all means, drop a line anytime about how things were at the original 98.7 frequency of WLLZ. Having worked at WRIF, I know the history, but know minimal about Wheels. Would love to learn more!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Post Reply