All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

WCXI Cool1160

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Casey
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2026 3:08 pm

Re: WCXI Cool1160

Unread post by Casey »

windsor wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:42 pm
Casey wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 9:01 am
Steve79 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 05, 2026 2:07 pm Listening over the air on the weekend and agian today there are times the audio drops out and it's nothing but dead air.... including right now. At the exact same time 1460 is out. (they both drop out at the same time). 1090 is fine.
Now having issues with WCAR streaming on Tunein. I'm giving up on both stations, time to move on to something more dependable. I don't have time for the guessing game on if the streaming is available or not. I'm finished with the after school project.
Guys give them a chance theyre still under contruction with a couple people on a shoe string budget.

I never had 1090 on tunein as of yet. Im waiting too.

Im sure servicing the old equip and tweaking it isnt easy. Burps are expected.
The point is WCAR was on Tunein up until yesterday and now it's gone.
"Playing What We Want" www.jack.fm
User avatar
ZenithCKLW
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: WCXI Cool1160

Unread post by ZenithCKLW »

The horror! I’ll alert the governor.
User avatar
NESNerd427
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:05 pm

Re: WCXI Cool1160

Unread post by NESNerd427 »

Yes, I'm aware of the stream issues. We've been dealing with the cable company at the WCXI tower site, and they're coming out tomorrow to look at it. For the time being, I had to take my 5G router from WCAR and get it on WCXI to keep us on the air. Hoping to get the cable network fixed and stable so WCAR's stream can come back online tomorrow at some point. I may also review options to get cable or fiber internet in Garden City as well, since we're working to fix up that site for regular use.
"God bless, have a good one, take care, get your pets spayed and neutered (control that pet population), and I'll catch you on the flip side, the rebound, whatever you want to say. Goodbye!"

www.revolvingdoormedia.com
Casey
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2026 3:08 pm

Re: WCXI Cool1160

Unread post by Casey »

ZenithCKLW wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:15 pm The horror! I’ll alert the governor.
Don't bother, Whitmer will just blame Trump.
"Playing What We Want" www.jack.fm
hb2
Posts: 335
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2025 3:52 pm

Re: WCXI Cool1160

Unread post by hb2 »

Noticed this afternoon WCXI is a bit weak, seems like low power, like it is running night power in day pattern- is it just me or is the transmitter back at reduced daytime power?

Got another station (likely WYLL) cutting in on 1160 in Rochester/Troy/Auburn Hills area already and it's still daylight. In the car and using car radio it's weaker than usual.

Earlier was very weak on the AM/FM hearing protectors, almost unable to pick up whereas before it was quite easy.
Post Reply