All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

College football 2026

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Matt
Posts: 15612
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: College football 2026

Post by Matt »

That Staehling fat guy EIGHTY YARD fat guy pick six was beautiful!
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 9819
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by Honeyman »

Now our backup QB is hurt.

We are awful.
The censorship king from out of state.

Dickish and right.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by MWmetalhead »

I'm sick of Underwood's mediocrity.

At some point, Tommy Carr deserves a chance.

Underwood's mistakes are making life difficult.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Matt
Posts: 15612
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Home of the National Champions

Re: College football 2026

Post by Matt »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:52 pm I'm sick of Underwood's mediocrity.

At some point, Tommy Carr deserves a chance.
Is the OL going to protect better with a different QB?
America on Hiatus 1/20/25 - 1/20/29

Foxtrot
Delta
Tango

9000 - 353
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by MWmetalhead »

Matt wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:54 pm
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:52 pm I'm sick of Underwood's mediocrity.

At some point, Tommy Carr deserves a chance.
Is the OL going to protect better with a different QB?
No, but perhaps Carr will use better judgment.

Yes, the O-line absolutely deserves criticism, too. Maybe swap out some underperforming starters with reserves.

Some personnel changes on offense are in order.

I'm not sold on Jason Beck as OC. He damn well better make scheme adjustments, and do so fast.

Edit: final drive was a disaster. Coaching malfeasance by Whittingham + terrible decision making by Underwood. Nice throw on 4th & 5!

He started the game 6/7 on passing and thereafter went 4/14.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: College football 2026

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:52 pm I'm sick of Underwood's mediocrity.

At some point, Tommy Carr deserves a chance.

Underwood's mistakes are making life difficult.
Underwood is even worse than I thought he was. Can't even beat fucking Minnesota. He blows worse than Kramer(Drew& Mike reference).
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5716
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by MWmetalhead »

First time we lost in Minneapolis to Minnesota since 1977.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: College football 2026

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:08 pm First time we lost in Minneapolis to Minnesota since 1977.
I was going to say....closest game I can remember was in the Metrodome in the mid 200'0's, but they had Marion Barber and Lawrence Maroney then.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 9819
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by Honeyman »

When is the last time MSU and UM were both 0-2 in the BIG?
The censorship king from out of state.

Dickish and right.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: College football 2026

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:27 pm When is the last time MSU and UM were both 0-2 in the BIG?
I can't remember.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 9819
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by Honeyman »

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:36 pm
Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:27 pm When is the last time MSU and UM were both 0-2 in the BIG?
I can't remember.
:rollin I can remember a bunch of MSU 0-2 starts.....











:(
The censorship king from out of state.

Dickish and right.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9646
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: College football 2026

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:46 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:36 pm
Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:27 pm When is the last time MSU and UM were both 0-2 in the BIG?
I can't remember.
:rollin I can remember a bunch of MSU 0-2 starts.....











:(
I didn't plan to go there. :blink It's literally all on YouTube. I get fed tons of recommended videos with John L Smith and Bobby Williams. I would feel bad for you, but then I think about Spartan Bob. At that point, the empathy leaves the room. :lol
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 9819
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by Honeyman »

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:54 pm
Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:46 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:36 pm
Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:27 pm When is the last time MSU and UM were both 0-2 in the BIG?
I can't remember.
:rollin I can remember a bunch of MSU 0-2 starts.....











:(
I didn't plan to go there. :blink It's literally all on YouTube. I get fed tons of recommended videos with John L Smith and Bobby Williams. I would feel bad for you, but then I think about Spartan Bob. At that point, the empathy leaves the room. :lol
People always remember the last second....and I won't argue that it was sketchy.....but forget this happened on that same drive:

On 1st and 10, Smoker was sacked again by the Wolverine defense[12] and immediately used MSU's final timeout. During the timeout, the officials huddled and flagged Michigan for illegal participation for having 12 men on the field during the previous play. The referees incorrectly counted the down on the play, and also marked off the penalty from the spot of the sack (the 24) instead of the line of scrimmage (the 18), making it 2nd down and 4 yards to go from the 12 yard line, instead of 1st down and 1 yard to go from the 9 yard line.[10][11][12] After an incompletion on the resulting 2nd down play,[11] LeSueur broke up a 3rd down pass intended for Ziehl Kavanaght in the end zone to bring up 4th down.[11][12] Facing 4th and 4, Smoker completed a slant up the middle to Duckett for 8 yards that resulted in a first and goal on the Michigan 3 yard line.[10][11][12]

If called correctly, MSU has an additional timeout, and probably more time on the clock also.
The censorship king from out of state.

Dickish and right.
User avatar
Bull Shannon
Posts: 559
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Re: College football 2026

Post by Bull Shannon »

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:36 pm
Honeyman wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 4:27 pm When is the last time MSU and UM were both 0-2 in the BIG?
I can't remember.
From what I can find, this is the first time that both have been 0-2 in conference play.

The last time Michigan was 0-2 in B1G play was 2014, and MSU was good that year. Before that, you have to go back a LONG way before you find another 0-2 start for Michigan in the B1G (there are, of course, plenty for MSU), and for many years it wasn't possible for MSU and Michigan to both be 0-2 in the B1G because they used to regularly play the first or second week of conference play.
Post Reply