A.I. has caused an exponential increase in bot crawling frequency. Microsoft's bingbot by far is the worst offender. Fuck Microsoft.
I'm fairly certain this is what's caused so many server errors in recent weeks here at the Buzzboard. My September 2026 page hits counter was at least 8x greater than any other month in 2026.
I'm doing my best to block bingbot from crawling the site moving forward.
All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5695
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
I think at some point AI is gonna simply consume the internet.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:59 pm A.I. has caused an exponential increase in bot crawling frequency. Microsoft's bingbot by far is the worst offender. Fuck Microsoft.
I'm fairly certain this is what's caused so many server errors in recent weeks here at the Buzzboard. My September 2026 page hits counter was at least 8x greater than any other month in 2026.
I'm doing my best to block bingbot from crawling the site moving forward.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
- ZenithCKLW
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:21 am
- Location: Livonia, MI
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
That’s an interesting prediction. Can you elaborate? What does that mean for humans?Rate This wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:07 pmI think at some point AI is gonna simply consume the internet.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:59 pm A.I. has caused an exponential increase in bot crawling frequency. Microsoft's bingbot by far is the worst offender. Fuck Microsoft.
I'm fairly certain this is what's caused so many server errors in recent weeks here at the Buzzboard. My September 2026 page hits counter was at least 8x greater than any other month in 2026.
I'm doing my best to block bingbot from crawling the site moving forward.
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
I think it may get advanced enough to be able to wave away whatever folks like MW attempt to do to stop it from wreaking havoc. It’s also doing a massive disservice apparently as regards fake news… people ask AI things and it cites legitimate sounding but fake websites or facebook pages with purposely wrong information.ZenithCKLW wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:17 pmThat’s an interesting prediction. Can you elaborate? What does that mean for humans?Rate This wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 8:07 pmI think at some point AI is gonna simply consume the internet.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:59 pm A.I. has caused an exponential increase in bot crawling frequency. Microsoft's bingbot by far is the worst offender. Fuck Microsoft.
I'm fairly certain this is what's caused so many server errors in recent weeks here at the Buzzboard. My September 2026 page hits counter was at least 8x greater than any other month in 2026.
I'm doing my best to block bingbot from crawling the site moving forward.
There may come a point where a few people pull the strings in a more literal way than previously imagined.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
- teetoppz28
- Posts: 1963
- Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts (where DID they all go??).
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
Considering how wildly bad AI is it is absolutely on brand.
Donald Trump… In your guts you know he’s nuts.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
The Resistance begins now.
This is a pro-Democracy account.
Dear America… you were warned.
Re: A.I. should scare the bejesus out of everyone...
I had a customer of mine last week get locked out of their Microsoft account for alleged "unusual activity" on the account. I helped them get back into it and after looking at the activity history page, we found a SUCCESSFUL login from the state of New York back in early September. There were no signs that whoever hacked in did anything nefarious. The IP address location of the hacking? Traced directly to a data center.
