All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
KalamazooClown
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2025 12:14 am

Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by KalamazooClown »

All references to the morning show have been scrubbed from the website, and Michelle confirmed on a Facebook post he is no longer with the station. Brian VanderArk is sitting in on the morning show this week.
edj
Posts: 3446
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by edj »

Where does he go now?
MegaHertz
Posts: 2146
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by MegaHertz »

Dammit! Oh how I wish we had all prior posts available. What I wouldn't give for a post from Captain Jean Luc Picard or fan. Those 3G threads were legendary. It's where I learned to call someone a first class asshole.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
Realist
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by Realist »

Corporate budget cut or did he say/do something inappropriate?
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
georgetownt
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:18 am

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by georgetownt »

Realist wrote:Corporate budget cut or did he say/do something inappropriate?
He was on Zane's podcast corporate radio cut. Biggest salary goes when corporate radio fails....
Long time lurker
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2024 10:47 am

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by Long time lurker »

Fuck that bald bastard. I hope his wife finally leaves him.
User avatar
Robert Faygo
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:26 pm
Location: Van Down By The River
Contact:

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by Robert Faygo »

Long time lurker wrote: ↑Wed Oct 08, 2025 10:57 pm Fuck that bald bastard. I hope his wife finally leaves him.
For the record, the Gregg Henson you hear on the radio or see on social media is nothing at all like the Gregg Henson that is a husband and dad. While I'm way far outside his circle of actual friends, every interaction I've had with the man have been good ones and I do know him just well enough to say he's a great family man.

Even though Gregg would just laugh this off if he saw it, it's still out of line.
Wellllll... la de frickin da
Long time lurker
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2024 10:47 am

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by Long time lurker »

Robert Faygo wrote: ↑Thu Oct 09, 2025 12:22 am
Long time lurker wrote: ↑Wed Oct 08, 2025 10:57 pm Fuck that bald bastard. I hope his wife finally leaves him.
For the record, the Gregg Henson you hear on the radio or see on social media is nothing at all like the Gregg Henson that is a husband and dad. While I'm way far outside his circle of actual friends, every interaction I've had with the man have been good ones and I do know him just well enough to say he's a great family man.

Even though Gregg would just laugh this off if he saw it, it's still out of line.
Jesus Christ man, I was playing off of what the previous poster had said. I'm not sure I could have made it any more over-the-top or obvious.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5730
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by MWmetalhead »

WLAV is slowly rotting, and that's sad. It started when Jackie was handed middays and accelerated when Gates and Brandt were let go.

That entire cluster is a dumpster fire except for 94.5.

Vanderark should be part of the station that actually plays his music (94.5), not LAV.

Even my dad finds LAV too lame and is more inclined to listen to GRD when he's in the mood for rock music.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
sholmes031105
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:24 am

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by sholmes031105 »

How long until they let Michele go and we have a corporate show with local cut ins for weather and traffic that Travis is doing while he is monitoring the boards.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

MWmetalhead
Posts: 5730
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by MWmetalhead »

As I recall, he not only was doing mornings at LAV but was also PD of both LAV and WTNR.

Perhaps the company wants someone capable of turning around WTNR. Good luck to that person given 107.3's tiny budget and the burden of a no-name, non-local morning show. A snowball has a better chance in hell.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Realist
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by Realist »

IMO, the problem with the GR cluster and the shitty, needs major work formats that they have at Cumulus is, much like their other markets, format decisions most likely are made from people way above and not even located in GR. It’s damn near the same in the Flint and Saginaw markets. I’ve posted before about the stupidity that is Flint’s CK 105 and what they should do. MW has posted viable suggestions about what they should do to the GR cluster. You might have people there agreeing with you but they have no power about format flips or needed major adjustments.
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
NewzKiller
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:28 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by NewzKiller »

LAV is a trainwreck of station and has been for quite a while. Why is McCormmick still on the station? For a station dominated by male listeners she adds nothing but they keep her on as a sidekick. The music is downright awful and crosses over with sister station 98.7. Seems like when I do listen, the station is trying to appease the female audiences with the music. Never cared for Henson and never found him interesting or engaging, especially for a morning show. Management would rather have Henson doing a Saturday DJ slot than having your lead morning show go out in the community. I agree with MW father as I find myself listening a lot more to WGRD than any other rock station. Bottom line for me about LAV is the music they continue to play. If it wasn't for GRD, I wouldn't be listening to any music in G.R.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5730
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by MWmetalhead »

98.7 is owned by Townsquare, not Cumulus.

Any jock heard on the air on Saturday morning has likely recorded their mic breaks during the workweek for playback on Saturday. It's all automated.

I've never heard Gregg and Michelle's show on LAV, but the two worked together in middays at 97.1 in Detroit many years ago. Their show back then was pretty good and definitely not boring. I also enjoyed his afternoon show on 96.1 back in the day. One of his former co-hosts is now doing AM drive in Detroit on one of the top billing and top rated stations in the market.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
GrahamWellington
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2024 4:49 pm

Re: Gregg Henson out at WLAV

Post by GrahamWellington »

The most recently played songs, as of this typing:

Pat Benatar: Heartbreaker
Ozzy: Bark At The Moon
REO Speedwagon: Time For Me To Fly
Bon Jovi: Livin' On A Prayer
Journey: Feeling That Way/Anytime
Supertramp: Give A Little Bit
Skid Row: 18 And Life
The Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter
.38 Special: Caught Up In You

....and so on. Again, why are they clinging to 40 - 55 year old lame ass songs as their core? Remember when Oldies stations were blown up in the '00s because the music was skewing too old? At that time, the songs being played on Oldies stations were 1964-1972 (30-40 years old then), and that was apparently too old to sell. The newest songs on WLAV today are 40 years old other than some random Kid Rock or Black Crowes song.
Post Reply