All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Oxford High School shooting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9660
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Rate This wrote: ↑Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:46 pm The Oxford Community Schools have declined the AG’s offer to open a third party investigation of the shooting.
There needs to be a third party investigation. They shouldn't get the choice.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
unscopedaircheck
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:58 pm

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by unscopedaircheck »

They were the last line of defense against this kid. If they had followed proper protocol he would not have been allowed back into the main building with his backpack.

They done fucked up reallll good. And they know it.
User avatar
Robert Faygo
Posts: 1125
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:26 pm
Location: Van Down By The River
Contact:

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Robert Faygo »

From what I've read, the teachers did the right things.

It's the counselor(s), and even though they weren't brought into the situation, the building administrators that might be in hot water with the prosecutor. But truthfully it sounds more like a combination of a lack of training and communication more than something that would be successfully prosecuted on a criminal level. All bets are off where potential civil suits are concerned.
Wellllll... la de frickin da
Majik
Posts: 771
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Majik »

If those who may not be legally responsible for letting this happen at their school, they are morally responsible. If prosecutors can’t charge them, then the community should hound them out of their positions for their shameful incompetence.
unscopedaircheck
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:58 pm

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by unscopedaircheck »

Yeah, the teachers were on the ball.

Who knows if the supt was even brought into the discussion. Who knows if the principal even was. It may have just been a dean and a counselor. I won't even pretend to be a legal scholar so I don't know how any law would be applied here. I bet there will be some civil suits against the district and the admin. I've seen lawsuits brought against schools for much less.
Mr.Transistor
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Mr.Transistor »

It was just some counselors, no principals were involved in the decision to return the kid to class. As far as the 3rd party thing goes, to have AG Nessell be the "independent" 3rd party review, does not make sense to me. She's a Democrat, the prosecutor is a Democrat. I don't see any independence about that. Supposedly the school district chose some security firm that they've already done business with in the past. I don't agree with this either. Should be "independent". The parents should be held responsible and I agree with the prosecutor , they should pay.
User avatar
Herm
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:31 am

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Herm »

Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 pm It was just some counselors, no principals were involved in the decision to return the kid to class. As far as the 3rd party thing goes, to have AG Nessell be the "independent" 3rd party review, does not make sense to me. She's a Democrat, the prosecutor is a Democrat. I don't see any independence about that. Supposedly the school district chose some security firm that they've already done business with in the past. I don't agree with this either. Should be "independent". The parents should be held responsible and I agree with the prosecutor , they should pay.
Wait… do you think the use of the word independent in this case is in reference to a political party?
Mr.Transistor
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Mr.Transistor »

Herm wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:53 pm
Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:30 pm It was just some counselors, no principals were involved in the decision to return the kid to class. As far as the 3rd party thing goes, to have AG Nessell be the "independent" 3rd party review, does not make sense to me. She's a Democrat, the prosecutor is a Democrat. I don't see any independence about that. Supposedly the school district chose some security firm that they've already done business with in the past. I don't agree with this either. Should be "independent". The parents should be held responsible and I agree with the prosecutor , they should pay.
Wait… do you think the use of the word independent in this case is in reference to a political party?
Nope.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9660
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

Reagan4prez wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:13 am I do have a concern.

If the highly emotional prosecutor's office gets too excited about charging people, and charges teachers, it will make it really difficult to retain good teachers and attract new ones.

Please understand that I'm not saying that those responsible for this tragedy should walk, but if we go down the road of "well, this person could have done something" and charge them, it would make the teaching profession like walking on egg shells 24/7.

Thankfully, in this case, it looks like the teachers did everything right. It's the overcompensated, incompetent superintendent that should face the brunt of charges.
If you cared about keeping teachers, you wouldn't support Reaganites who seek to continually slash their pay each year.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
armchair pd
Posts: 382
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:46 pm
Location: B.F.E.

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by armchair pd »

Oxford High telling the Bull Dyke to pound sand with her investigation you love to see it :lol
RedfordRob
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:21 pm

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by RedfordRob »

armchair pd wrote: ↑Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:05 pm Oxford High telling the Bull Dyke to pound sand with her investigation you love to see it :lol
Does she threaten your masculinity?
Bobbert
Posts: 4365
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Bobbert »

It's Fieger time:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 445469001/

The community is still deep in mourning and now people are trying to make millions off this tragedy.

Where is the money going to come from? Property taxes, bonds? Or cuts in school programs? The whole community will be paying for this lawsuit, one way or another.

I can see criminal charges or lifetime bans from the education profession, but how much good will a civil lawsuit do?
User avatar
Ed Klee
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:47 pm

Re: Oxford High School shooting

Unread post by Ed Klee »

I must say this whole thing is horrible it's sad Please look at this link, I agree with LeDuff

https://www.deadlinedetroit.com/article ... SGWbEmAVjo
I am ordinary American!
Post Reply