Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: To any idiot who still refuses to get vaccinated....

Post by zzand » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:00 pm

The only answer I have to that is when I asked my doctor that she said yes you will have the protection of the vaccine and the natural antibodies. So that is one sawbones opinion, and she said from what she read that should be correct but it was her opinion only since at that time no studies on that had been completed, then being April, who knows now. and I agree it should if anything speed it up not slow it down or at the least keep the bar where it is.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:58 pm

German nurse accused of switching vaccines with saline; thousand to be injected again

A nurse in Germany is accused of switching COVID-19 vaccines with saline, resulting in thousands of people needing to be vaccinated again.

The incident occurred at the Roffhausen immunization center in Friesland between March and April, CNN reported on Wednesday. Nearly 8,600 people were advised to be revaccinated as a precaution.

Authorities said the nurse, who was not identified, was able to access the vials because she was responsible for preparing the vaccines and syringes - - -
https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... e-thousand
I don't mean to brag, but I just put a puzzle together in 1 day and the box said 2-4 years.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:10 am

Arnold Schwarzenegger rips anti-maskers: ‘Screw your freedom’

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/arnold-sc ... r-freedom/
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 am

Here is the original quote:

“There is a virus here — it kills people, and the only way we prevent it is get vaccinated, get masks, do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about ‘well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.’ No, screw your freedom.”

Just to illustrate how ridiculous this sounds, a parallel statement would be something like:

"There are high-speed vehicles here - they kill people, and the only way we prevent it is to stop driving, start walking or riding horse buggies, and not just to think about 'well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.' No, screw your freedom."

Seriously, I've reached my limit with people telling other people what to do, freedom be damned.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:59 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:10 am

Fuck Arnold. I'm anti-mask because I was PROMISED that if I got vaccinated I wouldn't have to wear that goddamn Linus blankie on my face.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:02 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:59 am
Honeyman wrote:

Fuck Arnold. I'm anti-mask because I was PROMISED that if I got vaccinated I wouldn't have to wear that goddamn Linus blankie on my face.
Who PROMISED you?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:17 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Who PROMISED you?
FACE COVERINGS & MASKS

The CDC and State of Michigan released guidelines regarding mask requirements for fully vaccinated individuals. The Ann Arbor YMCA is aligning policies with these new guidelines and will not require fully vaccinated individuals to wear masks in the facility. In accordance with these guidelines, masks are still required for anyone who is NOT fully vaccinated.
https://www.annarborymca.org/maskupdatecdc/

My employer and the governor of this state made similar proclamations. We're bending over backwards to protect fucking idiots that refuse to get vaccinated.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:28 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:17 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:02 pm
Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Who PROMISED you?
FACE COVERINGS & MASKS

The CDC and State of Michigan released guidelines regarding mask requirements for fully vaccinated individuals. The Ann Arbor YMCA is aligning policies with these new guidelines and will not require fully vaccinated individuals to wear masks in the facility. In accordance with these guidelines, masks are still required for anyone who is NOT fully vaccinated.
https://www.annarborymca.org/maskupdatecdc/

My employer and the governor of this state made similar proclamations. We're bending over backwards to protect fucking idiots that refuse to get vaccinated.
"guidelines" and PROMISE are not one in the same.

Don't get me wrong...I'm on your side. I would be very frustrated if I had to workout with a mask in a gym like you. My main exercise is cycling so I ride maskless, despite I see others on the trail wearing masks. However, I am older than you and have a very rare auto-immune disease (in remission). As a result, I do wear one, much to my chagrin, when I am at the market or in a store, mainly to protect myself.

But I completely agree with your closing statement.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:44 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 am

“There is a virus here — it kills people, and the only way we prevent it is get vaccinated, get masks, do social distancing, washing your hands all the time, and not just to think about ‘well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.’ No, screw your freedom.”

Just to illustrate how ridiculous this sounds, a parallel statement would be something like:

"There are high-speed vehicles here - they kill people, and the only way we prevent it is to stop driving, start walking or riding horse buggies, and not just to think about 'well my freedom is being kind of disturbed here.' No, screw your freedom."

Seriously, I've reached my limit with people telling other people what to do, freedom be damned.
Right. Because an airborne virus and a vehicle that weighs more than a ton going 70 mph are exactly the same thing.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Both can kill you.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:25 pm

So can poison.

So can cancer.

So can lions.

You should do the wisest thing to avoid them killing you.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Arnold didn't say WISEST way - he said ONLY way. And the "only" way to stop vehicles from killing you is to stop driving entirely.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:58 pm

bmw wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 am

Embrace your freedoms: tell the cook it's okay for him not to wash his hands and not fully cook your chicken if he doesn't want. Tell your surgeon not to wear a mask if he doesnt want. Don't wear your seatbelt, disable your air bags, and shed that motorcycle helmet! Free dumb baby, yeahhhhhh!
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 pm

Matt wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

The whole idea of wearing a mask/face diaper is to protect others. Vaccinated folks can still catch and spread the virus. Although I have yet to decide to get vaccinated, I wear a mask to protect OTHERS. It doesn't provide much of a protection for yourself.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:08 am

Bryce wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 pm

The whole idea of wearing a mask/face diaper is to protect others. Vaccinated folks can still catch and spread the virus. Although I have yet to decide to get vaccinated, I wear a mask to protect OTHERS. It doesn't provide much of a protection for yourself.
WTF?!?

You still have "yet to decide"?!? What the fuck are you waiting for?!? Need a few more months to analyze the data? Need another 200,000 more people to die or another 100 ICU's to fill up? Seriously, at this stage of the game, what could possibly sway your decision one way or the other?!? Jesus.....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic