Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
bmw
Posts: 2375
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Seriously. Can we just disband the team?

24-6 lead blown in last year's opener.
23-6 lead blown today.



User avatar
Honeyman
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Honeyman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Even for the Lie-downs, that was embarassing. Especially the dropped gimme TD at the end.



User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Welcome back, bmw!

I just read the synopsis of today's game from Justin Rogers of the Detroit News.

I told my dad on the phone at halftime three things:
1) I'm watching zero of today's game (and probably most other Lions' games this season, for that matter);
2) We should've seen Ford Field completely empty and devoid of fans for a Lions home game many years sooner!
3) Watch the Lions blow the game late in the fourth quarter just like last year.


...and guess what happened! :)

SAME
OLD
LIONS!


How fitting that the Lions had a chance to regain in the lead in the closing seconds only to have a receiver drop a pass.

Judging from the stats, it appears the Lions as usual were pitiful on offense within opposing territory. How many times did they enter the red zone today only to come away with no points or 3 points?

I know it's early - but so far Swift appears to be yet another "stellar" early round draft pick by this putrid Lions organization.


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

User avatar
Ben Zonia
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Honor

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:40 am

Sometimes I think that they are being paid to lose. Who makes money on that year after year?

Long ago I stopped watching because I knew they would probably lose.

But no, Lions are a protected species, so they can't be put out their misery.


"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:13 am

I usually cuss and swear up a storm, this time I laughed my fool head off! :lol

Just to be fair, we did lose both our cornerbacks to injury (and our first rounder to previous injury) and our big free agent signing at linebacker to a head butt to the belly of a ref. :razz Arguably our best player (Golliday) was also sidelined. Still, a dropped pass for a winning TD in the closing seconds is just too, uh, Lionesque to brush off; and how many games can we expect old man Adrian Peterson to stay healthy?


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.


Bi and proud!

I don't respond to trolls.

lovinlife101
Posts: 5854
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.



Rate This
Posts: 5735
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.



lovinlife101
Posts: 5854
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.
I win at anything I try.



Rate This
Posts: 5735
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Rate This » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:58 pm
Rate This wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:26 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:45 pm
MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Like the trolls on this board, the best thing to do is watch them for entertainment purposes only with NO expectation of winning. It becomes comical. You will enjoy your Sundays much more.
Are you going to threaten a lawsuit to them too? The Fords have quite a bit of money. You'd lose.
So would you.
I win at anything I try.
You’ve been on the cover of troll monthly 6 issues in a row... quite an honor.



MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:48 pm

McLovin’ has another thread where he talks about little boys a ton. I can’t wait until he gets caught on Predator Poachers of Michigan’s channel on YouTube.


Bi and proud!

I don't respond to trolls.

bmw
Posts: 2375
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by bmw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:03 pm

Another day. Another blown double-digit lead (albeit an early one).

Terrible clock management in the last 2 minutes of the first half.
Bad play calling.
Too many dumb penalties.
Terrible defense in the 3rd quarter.

Vintage Lions. Now 0-2.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3630
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by Bryce » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:12 pm

On the bright side, they covered the spread! Weeeee


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4381
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Today's performance reeked so badly of incompetence, that Matt Patricia's name is currently trending on Twitter! LOL


Rock 95.5 in Chicago is the worst sounding major market rock station in the history of corporate radio.

MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 1099
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Worn, MI

Re: Can we just put the Lions out of their misery?

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:53 pm

Ligers(Lions and Tigers)are known for the magic in always finding ways to lose.


Bi and proud!

I don't respond to trolls.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic