All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Mega, WLLZ 98.7 also played those same artists that you mentioned WRIF played in that era as well. Those artists were considered AOR in the 80’s.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Oh yeah, I know. I have many aircheck videos and listened to rock radio religiously in the late 80s and early 90s.

I remember a dead air dream where ZZ Top's "Eliminator" was the only CD available and I couldn't reach it to put it in the CD player lol
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

I used to dream of pulling Dusty Hill's and Billy Gibbons' beards ,but it always ended with ( ironically beardless ) Frank Beard's beating me up !!!
fuzzpower
Posts: 1027
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by fuzzpower »

It seems every time I tune it, I hear The Doors. So the next generation is a 50+ year old song? I actually like some of the group’s music, but it’s hardly next generation.

This sounds like the Drive or the D or whatever they tried years back, except with local jocks.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Kim Mitchell "Go For a Soda"????


AW HELL YEAH!!!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Who played Kim Mitchell?
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

106.7 did! I don't think I've ever heard that on American FM radio!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 pm 106.7 did! I don't think I've ever heard that on American FM radio!
Wow, this was the LAST place I would expect to hear him.
Did any of his songs even chart outside of Canada?

I loove Patio Lanterns.
Music is my life.
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

Wait was that an April Fools day joke ?
Music is my life.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Nope. It was the "Deep Track of the Day". Definitely not a full time rotation song, but just enough to crank the dial and go "no shit!".
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Anyone get their Wheelz stickers yet???

Sent for mine and still havent come........hello Cody Trombley :wink:
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

I don’t want a Fake Wheels sticker, And it wouldn’t look cool on a 2019 Lincoln. And besides the Wife would kill me if I put on the car.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

I will tell you though, I listned yesterday starting at the end of Trudi's shift into the Doc's bc I wanted to hear the 420 deep cut of the day.And I liked what I heard the playlist flowed nicely and rocked.I like the deep cuts segment alot of tunes to choose from for this one.They seem to have tweaked the playlist from the first week of signing on the new format.Glad to hear no Billy Joel !!!! :barf
User avatar
Colonel Flagg
Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:54 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Colonel Flagg »

Both WLLZ and WRIF played "Go For Soda" when it was released, summer '85.
"Nobody can get the truth out of me, because even I don't know what it is"
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

And WLLZ 98.7 Also played The Payolas “Eyes Of A Stranger” in 1982.
Post Reply