All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

You gonna take credit for them taking your song idea, MW? ;)

I don't know how to feel about that song. I used to love it, but (and I'm channeling my inner Cowboy here), my dad wanted it played at his funeral, and he died 5 years ago (March 24, 2014) tomorrow. So it's a hard listen.

Also, in response to the trolling posts and how this board is run, MW personally funds this board and runs it at a loss for fun. He doesn't get nearly enough kudos for giving us a place to vent our frustrations and praises. So thanks again MW.

Off to spin some Sammy Van Halen :)
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

I’m going to Channel my inner Cowboy also, My Father would say what the f**k is that shit you have on the radio, Seriously my Dad’s been gone 10 years, March 7th the day my latest Grandson was born, Steven J. 9lbs. 4 oz. My Daughter Monica’s 3rd boy. And Mega your father is always with you because you’re his son he will always look down on you and keep you in line, My Father is always with me. Good Day Mega!
Last edited by Deleted User 14935 on Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

To MW, Thanks for your kindness in the past and putting up with all of us, I know I can be a pain as well as some of the others, And again Thanks MW.
Realist
Posts: 1479
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Realist »

MW has mentioned earlier that their fake Wheels playlist was similar to Tampa’s 98.7 The Shark. Having just came back from 2 weeks in Florida and listening to the Shark, I disagree. The Shark is better and harder. Beasley shows that they are different from IHeart and Cumulus in regards to their playlist
RELEASE THE EPSTEIN FILES!!!

Everything else from the felon is a distraction
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

I'll be damned.

Wheels played Right Now this evening. Nice touch!

Thanks for the kind words, Steve. Tomorrow will be a steak dinner in his honor. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Enjoy Mega, Have a good Sunday!
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Why did WLLZ play “Don’t You” (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds this morning, What next WLLZ “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell why not everyone else plays it. WLLZ 106.7 “The radio train wreck of 2019”.
szmigiel
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:52 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by szmigiel »

I have been trying to give the station a listen all month, and I have been checking out their recently played list to see what types of songs make up the core of their new playlist. Over all I am not impressed and 106.7 is just another preset I cycle through when trying to find something to listen too. I never stay on the station past a few songs. For having about 40 years of music too choose from I do seem to hear a lot of the same songs and bands over and over. It does feel like 100 song heavy playlist with 200 once in awhile songs they mix in.

If they truly want to be "The Next Generation of Classic Rock" They need to move away from the 70's and early 80's early Heavy Metal and Arena Rock. Concentrate on Hair Metal, Grunge, and Post Grunge.
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

So.
About that "new station to hate on now that FAULT is gone"...
Is this it?
:lol
Music is my life.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

It is! Along with the rest of The Detroit FM Dial, Stream or dig out your CD collection, In fact I just purchased 2 CD Players online today.
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

Congrats on the birth of your latest grandson,Steve !!! My first great-great-nephew, Santana Turner,was born Nov. 30 . (I don't know if my great-nephew named him after Carlos Santana,but he's a cute little dude !!!)
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

That Simple Minds song tested in at WCSX. How, I'm not sure, but it became a teritary.

Of course, on this day in 1984, the kids in Breakfast Club met for detention. Maybe that has anything to do with it?

I think part of the problem is, WCSX became what I used to dub as "Riff's Dumpster". If WRIF played it in the 80s, then WCSX played it. In the 80s, WRIF played plenty of stuff like Huey Lewis, Billy Joel and Don Henley. Aside from speaking to those that programmed the station then, I still have lots of those old stickers from the 80s (my 1987 Norris Division Champion Detroit Red Wings sticker is my favorite).

I'm still riding high on hearing Sammy VH (that wasn't Why Can't This Be Love) last night.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

Mega Hertz,Peyton Manning is 43 today,and ANY boy here has a better arm than he !!!!!
Post Reply