All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Been listening online while surfing the net.I have to say the New Wheelz is growing on me.Im glad Iheart has tweaked the playlist.

Just heard a sweeper with the old Wheelz jingle they used to use back in the day.I love it!!!

When I listen to FM its only on 106.7 Wheelz, hope to get my stickers for my Caravan this week.I will be the first vehicle in Windsor with the new Wheelz stickers,,,,,,woo hoo!! :D
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Colonel Flagg wrote: ↑Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:39 pm Wheels never played Billy Joel at any point. The original Wheels was an AOR station. At some point, the corporate programming suits did away with AOR, and started aiming for the lowest common denominator in listeners. Wheels was already Smooth Jazz when this practice became standard operating procedure.

To be true to form, Wheels should play some of the secondary tracks (that were played PLENTY back in the day) If we're talking about Van Halen, secondary tracks like "I'll Wait" or "Drop Dead Legs" from 1984 would be better than "Hot for Teacher" or "Jump" playing ad nauseam. How about Queensryche? Anything by Queensryche would be better than "Signs" by Tesla. Scorpions? They had a lot more songs other than "No One Like You" that were hot on the album charts. There are many many examples here.

I am delighted to hear the image voices announceate "Wheels" properly, with emphasis on the E's ("Wheeeels!") Reminds me of "WNNNNNBC" R.I.P. Kevin Metheny. :smokin
WLLZ 98.7 did play Billy Joel, When the station did the first 3 month non-commercial opening. And AOR Stations did have Billy Joel on their playlist a that time.
Y M Ionhere
Posts: 661
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Y M Ionhere »

windsor wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 pm Been listening online while surfing the net.I have to say the New Wheelz is growing on me.Im glad Iheart has tweaked the playlist.

Just heard a sweeper with the old Wheelz jingle they used to use back in the day.I love it!!!

When I listen to FM its only on 106.7 Wheelz, hope to get my stickers for my Caravan this week.I will be the first vehicle in Windsor with the new Wheelz stickers,,,,,,woo hoo!! :D
Arent all Caravans also made there in Windsor?
mtburb
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by mtburb »

I'm already growing to like this new incarnation. I certainly, however, didn't hear any songs from Irish rock groups when I listened yesterday.
My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

Current setup: Antennas Direct C2Max (2018-present)
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

It is sounding a hell of a lot better.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Y M Ionhere wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 am
windsor wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 pm Been listening online while surfing the net.I have to say the New Wheelz is growing on me.Im glad Iheart has tweaked the playlist.

Just heard a sweeper with the old Wheelz jingle they used to use back in the day.I love it!!!

When I listen to FM its only on 106.7 Wheelz, hope to get my stickers for my Caravan this week.I will be the first vehicle in Windsor with the new Wheelz stickers,,,,,,woo hoo!! :D
Arent all Caravans also made there in Windsor?
Not trying to sound mean, But every time I see a Caravan it reminds me of a soccer Mom, When one comes into a parking lot I always look for the hot soccer Mom unloading the kids.
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

WLLZ should improve because of the good 70's and 80's songs from which it can choose .
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Y M Ionhere wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 am
windsor wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 pm Been listening online while surfing the net.I have to say the New Wheelz is growing on me.Im glad Iheart has tweaked the playlist.

Just heard a sweeper with the old Wheelz jingle they used to use back in the day.I love it!!!

When I listen to FM its only on 106.7 Wheelz, hope to get my stickers for my Caravan this week.I will be the first vehicle in Windsor with the new Wheelz stickers,,,,,,woo hoo!! :D
Arent all Caravans also made there in Windsor?
Yes they are and also Pacifica...........

I love my Caravan got the navigation and SiriusXM.Great for taking things to the cottage and very comfortable on a trip to Frankenmuth and Trav.City.

Anyone in Windsor seeing me with my Wheelz sticker on the back make sure you throw me up the horns. :lol
borderboy653659200
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by borderboy653659200 »

Are there any hot soccer moms ?Don't most have six kids and weigh two-fitty ????
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

windsor wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am
Y M Ionhere wrote: ↑Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 am
windsor wrote: ↑Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:15 pm Been listening online while surfing the net.I have to say the New Wheelz is growing on me.Im glad Iheart has tweaked the playlist.

Just heard a sweeper with the old Wheelz jingle they used to use back in the day.I love it!!!

When I listen to FM its only on 106.7 Wheelz, hope to get my stickers for my Caravan this week.I will be the first vehicle in Windsor with the new Wheelz stickers,,,,,,woo hoo!! :D
Arent all Caravans also made there in Windsor?
Yes they are and also Pacifica...........

I love my Caravan got the navigation and SiriusXM.Great for taking things to the cottage and very comfortable on a trip to Frankenmuth and Trav.City.

Anyone in Windsor seeing me with my Wheelz sticker on the back make sure you throw me up the horns. :lol
If I see you, I’ll buy you lunch.
User avatar
Ed Joseph
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:27 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Ed Joseph »

I haven't had time to tune it in. Is this better thamn most of iHate's generic 300 song classic rock stations? I'm amazed they have local people to be honest.
I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:30 pm Listened earlier today, and heard "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins (great song) segue into a really shitty Journey song.

Sorry, I just don't see what's so special about this station. 75% of the playlist is the same shit WCSX plays, the remaining 25% of the playlist consists of music that WRIF and/or 89X has played for at least 20 years.

This morning, I heard "Turn the Page" by Bob Seger around 7:45a. Great. Just the song I need when I'm trying to fucking WAKE UP in the morning. :x

"New Generation" Classic Rock consists of Bob Seger, Journey, and awful songs like "Cradle of Love" by Billy Idol, seriously? Am I supposed to somehow be impressed by the fact the station plays that pile of garbage and then inserts a decent song by Bush, Soundgarden or Alice in Chains every once in a while?

It's as if iFart found an old 96Rock (Atlanta) playlist from the late 90's, blew the dust off it, and decided to load it into the WLLZ playlist computer.
Irony: It was the original WLLZ that brought me BWBW when it was new.

I'm gonna need someone to explain to me the appeal of Seger. I've never gotten it. Turn the Page desperately needs to go the way of Jimmy Hoffa.

I feel like people won't buy into the "claasic rock" tag without stuff like Journey. But, bands like Journey weren't always on CR playlists. When WCSX started, it was a lot of CSNY, Animals, DC5, Eagles, Van Morrison...no Journey or (blargh) Foreigner yet. I've had enough of those bands for a lifetime.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

This station is a poor representation of the WLLZ calls and heritage, And will be lucky to garner anything better than a 3 share in future ratings, It’s just the same formats that 106.7 has had in the past just a different name.
Post Reply