All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
-
borderboy653659200
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Boys (at least I believe we're all boys on this thread),I just heard the Romantics' "Talking In Your Sleep," a vastly underrated song in a drug store I briefly visited as I was bopping over to our Downtown Library . That's one song,along with the Detroiters' other tunes,that should be played much more often,if it isn't already .
-
stopnswop2
- Posts: 3285
- Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
- Location: Novi, MI
- Contact:
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
WOMC and WCSX love to overplay that one cowboy.
Before that it was Doug FM.
Before that it was Doug FM.
Music is my life.
-
borderboy653659200
- Posts: 951
- Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Sorry about that,stopnswop2,though I'm a big Romantics fan .
-
Deleted User 14935
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Always You Tube, The New Radio for the New Generation! Well it’s better then WLLZ The Next Generation Of Classic Rock, Don’t you think?
Actually it should be YouTube “The New Radio For All Generations”
Actually it should be YouTube “The New Radio For All Generations”
Last edited by Deleted User 14935 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
Mega Hertz
- Posts: 4595
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
- Location: Brighton
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Grind came up on my iPod earlier, too.
I think it's a tie between Jar of Flies and Tripod for my favorite AIC album, but I love them all.
I noted the Creed songs earlier, and I would keep it limited to the three mentioned...before they got all preachy and annoying.
Buckcherry's "Lit Up" might be another good choice.
I think it's a tie between Jar of Flies and Tripod for my favorite AIC album, but I love them all.
I noted the Creed songs earlier, and I would keep it limited to the three mentioned...before they got all preachy and annoying.
Buckcherry's "Lit Up" might be another good choice.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
-TurkeyTop
-
Mega Hertz
- Posts: 4595
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
- Location: Brighton
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Speaking of preachy bands, two Nickelback songs come to mind. Breathe and Old Enough. It was the following album I got to hate them.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
-TurkeyTop
-
Mega Hertz
- Posts: 4595
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
- Location: Brighton
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Love S/T!
INSTITUTION! Love that album. Think I'll go spin it! Good suggestion!
INSTITUTION! Love that album. Think I'll go spin it! Good suggestion!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
-TurkeyTop
-
Deleted User 8570
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
It’s not a bad song...
But it’s not really memorable or terribly catchy... it just sort of exists. You wouldn’t walk down the street humming or sit there singing along with it like a zombie.... That is the #1 reason I think 90’s music is not on the radio more.... it just wasn’t very memorable stuff... there were a few diamonds in the rough but there was about a 10 year period (say 88-98 or so) when music was just not as good as it had been the previous couple of decades... the 80’s and 90’s are big now but notice that nobody seems to give two shits about the music from the 90’s... just everything else is cool...
-
Mega Hertz
- Posts: 4595
- Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
- Location: Brighton
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Oh, Idk about that...the 90s are probably my most represented decade in music in my collection (fitting, since I came of age then). But the YEAR most represented in my music collection is 1986. Figure THAT out.
Between the albums, 45s, CDs, tapes and digital library...I am what you would call a program director's worst nightmare. You could go DAYS on end with no repeats. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good melody. Where else could you hear "In the Meantime" by Spacehog followed by "Friends and Strangers" by Ronnie Laws back to back?
Between the albums, 45s, CDs, tapes and digital library...I am what you would call a program director's worst nightmare. You could go DAYS on end with no repeats. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good melody. Where else could you hear "In the Meantime" by Spacehog followed by "Friends and Strangers" by Ronnie Laws back to back?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
-TurkeyTop