All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Post Reply
Deleted User 14888

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by Deleted User 14888 »

Maybe the Nash brand will leave The “D” as well.
weathernut
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by weathernut »

I think it makes sense to move country to 107.3 if their intention is to go after B-93, which I think is what they are doing with the “Nobody plays more country” position. They are definitely gaining a tremendous amount of real estate with the move of frequency. If you cut off everything west of the lake Michigan shoreline, all of Mecosta county, almost all of Montcalm county and eastern Ionia county, 94.5 doesn’t cover much real estate for a 50,000 watt station. 107.3 will give them everything East of Greenville, Ionia and give them a good signal into the Lansing area as well as Gratiot, Clinton and Eaton Counties, and a decent signal into Battle Creek. While only losing Allegan, Van Buren and Kalamazoo. Probably a big win for them. Plus, giving WLAV 94.5 will give them back their coverage area and keeping them on 96.9 will mitigate the listeners that 94.5 doesn’t cover.
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

If this Nash can go, that means there is hope that the infamous Detroit Gnash can go too!!
Music is my life.
stopnswop2
Posts: 3284
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm
Location: Novi, MI
Contact:

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by stopnswop2 »

Sigh. I'm not surprised though.
Music is my life.
User avatar
48125er
Posts: 497
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by 48125er »

I can Imagine it will give Lansing area listeners a new alternative to WITL like they did when 92.1 was country.
statmanmi
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:07 am

107.3 = WTNR

Unread post by statmanmi »

I'm noticing per an online site that 107.3 is now going by call letters WTNR, after they freed up from last week's revision of 94.5 to WKLQ.

https://fccdata.org/?facid=&call=wtnr&c ... d=&lang=en

I haven't chosen to tune in either 94.5 or 107.3, but perhaps someone has heard revised Top of the Hour IDs?

Cheers, Statmanmi
weathernut
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:48 am

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by weathernut »

I know that 94.5 does top of the hour as WKLQ now and has for three days. I have not been able to listen at the top of the hour on 107.3 FM. However,I flipped to 107.3 and heard just before they went to George strait “the heartland” and I quote “Thunder country is back in West Michigan at 94.5 and 107.3 FM. This was an automated voice. Right after the George Strait song, a live DJ came on the air and said “George strait on 107.3 Thunder country.” This was at 5:12 PM if anybody wants to go back and listen.
ftballfan
Posts: 1079
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Re: Nash has reverted to Thunder branding and has added 107.3!

Unread post by ftballfan »

I did hear a "WTNR Greenville-Grand Rapids" LID on 107.3 when I was in Grand Rapids this past week
Post Reply