When watching TV via cable the picture is cut off on both sides. When it contains words, many times they are chopped off. The picture framing that the TV offers does not fill the missing area. When watching over the air it is ok, but that's the way it is broadcast.
Why doesn't the cable company letterbox the picture so it can contain what is being seen in the standard signal?
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Is this something that Comcast could fix?
-
tapeisrolling
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:07 pm
- Location: go ahead, I'm listening
-
tapeisrolling
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:07 pm
- Location: go ahead, I'm listening
Re: Is this something that Comcast could fix?
Since I won't pay for hi-def via cable I deal with the view that Comcast feeds. I do get OTA on one screen and it is fine. Channel 62 is the worst offender on the cable view. I compared the others viewing both ways and none of the others have an obvious problem with chopping that makes watching agonizing like 62. A good example is with todays election at the bottom only the 'gn' of the word 'campaign' show up.
Re: Is this something that Comcast could fix?
Have the same problem with Charter standard-def. (Free HD, my ass!)
WXMI and WWMT get full-screen cutoff (except during NFL games!?!). WOOD-TV and WZZM, among others, are "letterboxed" so the full widescreen signal is shown (albeit with a black space at the top and bottom of the picture). It may be up to the individual stations as to what is done.
WXMI and WWMT get full-screen cutoff (except during NFL games!?!). WOOD-TV and WZZM, among others, are "letterboxed" so the full widescreen signal is shown (albeit with a black space at the top and bottom of the picture). It may be up to the individual stations as to what is done.