Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:00 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:46 am
Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:19 pm
Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:41 am
Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:13 am
Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:14 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 am
The Twitter banter from “Ron’s” Twitter account continues

Sure you can correct my spelling but you are scared of calling into the show, momo. You are not on the ban list which you keep telling your minions that you are on. 🤣

Thanks for listening! :)

MOMO: Thanks also for the shout-out. An appearance on Ron's Twitter page is the kind of spontaneous publicity that's gonna make me.

yeah, you are so popular man, so far you posted 9,296 I call that wasting your life away, but, to each its own.

edj.. As much as Ron and Martin say they don't care about us, Martin sure visits and reads a lot.

--You sure don't understand radio do you, I'm old school, I do a lot with your e-mail address that you don't know about. 😇 Thanks for listening!
As for my "ban," Martin, Ron has - more than once - "banned" me. It's been several years now. I obviously took the "ban" as seriously I do Ron's other pronouncements. Although Ron/you have banned many emailers, I question - what with just "seven callers" - your indictment, Martin, even before the loss of some of his regulars - Ron would actually really put any real person on a banned caller list. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll correct the record.

And you may think I'm "wasting [my] life away[,]" but I dare you to tell that to my co-worker here at Denny's, Al Avila!
On the subject of enemies lists, I seem to have joined the list of a Buzzboard poster:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 07#p759018
It couldn't be our "Matt," could it?
Bingo!
Although Matt's most recent post - "They enjoy mocking an elderly man who purchases air time" - reminds me of producer Matt's statement once that Ron was like the grandfather he never had, while reflecting a more than passing familiarity with Ron's practices (for someone who doesn't seem to be a listener), his profile page seems to put a break on the belief the two Matts are one & the same. Poster Matt has been posting since 2004 & is from Ann Arbor. Although producer Matt was older than he seemed, he'd still be in his mid-30s now, making a 2004 Buzzboard debut rather unlikely. And that Matt was a Downriver lad.
Great job by Momo and Willie108 to invade another topic and spread the good word about Ron.

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 30#p759317

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 30#p759357

Also, if Matt is so bothered by us, why doesn't he add our names to his Foes list? It's very easy to do.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:50 pm

The fanfare this past weekend for Miguel Cabrera made me realize that Tiger fans are divided into several categories:
  • Fans who saw the '68 Tigers.
  • Fans who missed the '68 Tigers (because they were too young or didn't live here) but saw the '84 Tigers. That includes me.
  • Fans who missed both the '68 Tigers and the '84 Tigers but who became big Tiger fans in the Comerica Park/Justin Verlander/Miguel Cabrera era.
  • And last, but not least, a category of precisely one fan who thinks that the '61 Tigers are the second greatest team in major league history, right behind the '61 Yankees—Ron Cameron.

Majik

Post by Majik » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:05 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:50 pm
The fanfare this past weekend for Miguel Cabrera made me realize that Tiger fans are divided into several categories:
  • Fans who missed the '68 Tigers (because they were too young or didn't live here) but saw the '84 Tigers. That includes me.
  • Fans who missed both the '68 Tigers and the '84 Tigers but who became big Tiger fans in the Comerica Park/Justin Verlander/Miguel Cabrera era.
  • And last, but not least, a category of precisely one fan who thinks that the '61 Tigers are the second greatest team in major league history, right behind the '61 Yankees—Ron Cameron.
I am a member of that first group. 68 was such a fun season.
That 61 team was near and dear to my heart, as that was the first season I can really remember following them via Ernie and George from the broadcast booth. I had turned into a nine year old baseball junkie. As I recall it, when a game was televised, one did radio and one did tv and they switched mid game. When there was no tv broadcast they worked together on radio. Can anyone else here confirm that or is my memory malfunctioning? I definitely recall watching the infamous early September Yankee series sweeping that was laid on us.

Willie108

Post by Willie108 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:44 am

I can picture Ron doing a live remote broadcast somewhere...and his live guests are...2 maids from his various hotel residencies...and him asking them:
1) What their greatest thrill in housekeeping was
2) What their greatest thrill in throwing away phone #'s was

edj

Post by edj » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:58 am

Martin has limited the Twitter to approved followers only. He and Ron have no guts.

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:54 am

edj wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:58 am
Martin has limited the Twitter to approved followers only. He and Ron have no guts.
Twitter/X for two. Hardly worth the effort, is it, Martin?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:56 am

edj wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:58 am
This is the kind of subservience that Ron and Martin are looking for.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 1:37 pm

It’s been an interesting week for the “minions” as “Ron” (martin) has referred to us as. We have sparked interest on Twitter as well as we have sparked the ire of other post areas on the buzzboard.

Will Ron address his twitter/X account having so much interaction with the buzzboard…..for a site he wants to part of his twitter account sure has been targeting the buzzboard-of course specifically this part of the forum

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:37 pm

Will Ron still proclaim Harbaugh to have NO GUTS with the 2024 schedule? Again, Ron is no HOMER but with all the owed dinners and not wanting to come on Ron's show they will continue to meet his wrath.

Saturday
Aug. 31 Fresno State
Fresno State Bulldogs
Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Saturday
Sep. 7 Texas
Texas Longhorns
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Buy Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 21 Arkansas State
Arkansas State Red Wolves
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Illinois Fighting Illini
at Illinois Fighting Illini
Memorial Stadium, Champaign, IL
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Maryland Terrapins
Maryland Terrapins
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Michigan State
Michigan State Spartans
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Minnesota Golden Gophers
Minnesota Golden Gophers
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA UCLA Bruins
UCLA Bruins
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Wisconsin Badgers
Wisconsin Badgers
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Ohio State
at Ohio State Buckeyes
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA Rutgers
at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
SHI Stadium, Piscataway, NJ
Time TBA ET
TV TBA
Date TBA USC
at USC Trojans
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Time TBA ET
TV TBA

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:57 am

Majik wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:05 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:50 pm
I am a member of that first group. 68 was such a fun season.
That 61 team was near and dear to my heart, as that was the first season I can really remember following them via Ernie and George from the broadcast booth. I had turned into a nine year old baseball junkie. As I recall it, when a game was televised, one did radio and one did tv and they switched mid game. When there was no tv broadcast they worked together on radio. Can anyone else here confirm that or is my memory malfunctioning? I definitely recall watching the infamous early September Yankee series sweeping that was laid on us.
Detroit Free Press, 3/5/1961

(Couldn't resist including the Pistons ad. That Memorial building is now Calihan Hall, which is a really cool place to watch a basketball game)

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:53 am

Match Game '23: The Producers Edition

Including a 44-year-old Ron Cameron, who's "credited" as producer of Sports View Today in 1989 (https://youtu.be/oSH2C3q3Wtg?si=H9qes752qXS7dyho&t=1747).

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:09 am

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:53 am

Including a 44-year-old Ron Cameron, who's "credited" as producer of Sports View Today in 1989 (https://youtu.be/oSH2C3q3Wtg?si=H9qes752qXS7dyho&t=1747).

To all the Buzzboard haters, where else but on the Ron Cameron thread are you going to find such inspired output? As always, nicely done, Bobbert!

Momo

Post by Momo » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:27 am

Book publishers have long known that, next to Oprah, Ron's show - with its worldwide & predominantly female audience - was the best place to move their authors' books. Martin’s myopic, restrictive Twitter/X policy is just going to chase authors away. Say goodbye to Ray Scott & the now-MIA Rich Kincaid.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:27 am

Momo wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:09 am
Bobbert wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:53 am

To all the Buzzboard haters, where else but on the Ron Cameron thread are you going to find such inspired output? As always, nicely done, Bobbert!
Thanks. The inclusion of the younger Ron seemed natural, since Ron spends so much time talking to himself.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:24 pm

I believe Martin thinks by banning buzzboard posters he can have his own thread on the buzzboard.He sees first hand how bad Ron is at his job yet has this buzzboard following.I can see Martin saying to himself "Hell I am just as bad as Ron even worse.How can I become relevant.Hmm how about,banning,buzzboard posters so they can have a thread about me"Sorry Martin it will not work.No program director is going to "discover" you,on the buzzboard. You are stuck where you belong.Working at WPON for peanuts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic