Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:41 am

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:13 am
Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:14 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:21 am
The Twitter banter from “Ron’s” Twitter account continues

Sure you can correct my spelling but you are scared of calling into the show, momo. You are not on the ban list which you keep telling your minions that you are on. 🤣

Thanks for listening! :)

MOMO: Thanks also for the shout-out. An appearance on Ron's Twitter page is the kind of spontaneous publicity that's gonna make me.

yeah, you are so popular man, so far you posted 9,296 I call that wasting your life away, but, to each its own.

edj.. As much as Ron and Martin say they don't care about us, Martin sure visits and reads a lot.

--You sure don't understand radio do you, I'm old school, I do a lot with your e-mail address that you don't know about. 😇 Thanks for listening!
As for my "ban," Martin, Ron has - more than once - "banned" me. It's been several years now. I obviously took the "ban" as seriously I do Ron's other pronouncements. Although Ron/you have banned many emailers, I question - what with just "seven callers" - your indictment, Martin, even before the loss of some of his regulars - Ron would actually really put any real person on a banned caller list. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll correct the record.

And you may think I'm "wasting [my] life away[,]" but I dare you to tell that to my co-worker here at Denny's, Al Avila!
On the subject of enemies lists, I seem to have joined the list of a Buzzboard poster:

https://mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 07#p759018
It couldn't be our "Matt," could it?

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:47 am

It would appear that the Twitter posts have continued “Ron” is a busy man this morning. I guess slow day for meetings

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:58 am

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 am
All thoughts today are with Dave from Windsor. One of his greatest wishes has come true—Miguel Cabrera no longer plays for the Detroit Tigers.

Listen to Dave describe this wish in his own words. (He's the first caller in each segment)

May 8, 2022

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... y-8th-2022

May 15, 2022

(Dave also endears himself eternally to the Buzzboard by referring to Ron Cameron as "what's his name")

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... -15th-2022

May 22, 2022

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... -22nd-2022
Thanks, Bobbert! Looking forward to listening to the Golden Age of Ron Cameron. And more audio collections - an invaluable contribution - for the future Ron "Scoop" Cameron Library & Museum, the grounds on which Ron's remains will be buried. Future generations of "fans" & scholars will be eternally grateful.

https://www.metmuseum.org/events/progra ... aring-loss

Thinking about Ron's memorial edifice, any thoughts on where it should be located? Maybe the Fenton Hotel, so the ghost of Ron can sojourn with the ghost of Al Capone throughout eternity.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:19 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:41 am
Bobbert wrote:
Momo wrote:
radiofan1974 wrote:

Sure you can correct my spelling but you are scared of calling into the show, momo. You are not on the ban list which you keep telling your minions that you are on. 🤣

MOMO: Thanks also for the shout-out. An appearance on Ron's Twitter page is the kind of spontaneous publicity that's gonna make me.

yeah, you are so popular man, so far you posted 9,296 I call that wasting your life away, but, to each its own.

edj.. As much as Ron and Martin say they don't care about us, Martin sure visits and reads a lot.

--You sure don't understand radio do you, I'm old school, I do a lot with your e-mail address that you don't know about. 😇 Thanks for listening!
As for my "ban," Martin, Ron has - more than once - "banned" me. It's been several years now. I obviously took the "ban" as seriously I do Ron's other pronouncements. Although Ron/you have banned many emailers, I question - what with just "seven callers" - your indictment, Martin, even before the loss of some of his regulars - Ron would actually really put any real person on a banned caller list. If I'm wrong, I'm sure you'll correct the record.

And you may think I'm "wasting [my] life away[,]" but I dare you to tell that to my co-worker here at Denny's, Al Avila!
On the subject of enemies lists, I seem to have joined the list of a Buzzboard poster:

Bingo!

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:58 am
Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:37 am
All thoughts today are with Dave from Windsor. One of his greatest wishes has come true—Miguel Cabrera no longer plays for the Detroit Tigers.

Listen to Dave describe this wish in his own words. (He's the first caller in each segment)

May 8, 2022

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... y-8th-2022

May 15, 2022

(Dave also endears himself eternally to the Buzzboard by referring to Ron Cameron as "what's his name")

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... -15th-2022

May 22, 2022

https://music.amazon.com/podcasts/7eb0a ... -22nd-2022
Thanks, Bobbert! Looking forward to listening to the Golden Age of Ron Cameron. And more audio collections - an invaluable contribution - for the future Ron "Scoop" Cameron Library & Museum, the grounds on which Ron's remains will be buried. Future generations of "fans" & scholars will be eternally grateful.

https://www.metmuseum.org/events/progra ... aring-loss

Thinking about Ron's memorial edifice, any thoughts on where it should be located? Maybe the Fenton Hotel, so the ghost of Ron can sojourn with the ghost of Al Capone throughout eternity.
Ah Dave,

Miss those off the cuff questions that had nothing to do with sports but the greater Windsor area

edj

Post by edj » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:17 pm

Valenti started his show ripping on Miggy. Surprised he isn't buddies with Ron

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:48 pm

The Athletic's pick for most valuable Tiger is Kerry Carpenter, not Jake Rodgers:

"The sample size is getting hard to ignore. Carpenter has posted more than 50 runs and 60 R.B,I. in around 400 at-bats this season. That makes him the most valuable Tiger. Starting pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez has been strong, but he's faded as of late (and gave the team's front office plenty of heartburn at the deadline)."

Majik

Post by Majik » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:11 pm

edj wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:17 pm
Valenti started his show ripping on Miggy. Surprised he isn't buddies with Ron
I would love to hear what Valenti would have to say about Scoop

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:17 pm

What did Valenti say on today's show regarding Cabrera?

Nevermind. Listening to Valenti now. He is SPOT ON.

Quote: "Cabrera has given us seven straight years of garbage."

A majority of callers - at least the ones being put on the air - agree.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:46 am

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:19 pm
Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:41 am
Bobbert wrote:
Momo wrote:
radiofan1974 wrote:

Bingo!
Although Matt's most recent post - "They enjoy mocking an elderly man who purchases air time" - reminds me of producer Matt's statement once that Ron was like the grandfather he never had, while reflecting a more than passing familiarity with Ron's practices (for someone who doesn't seem to be a listener), his profile page seems to put a break on the belief the two Matts are one & the same. Poster Matt has been posting since 2004 & is from Ann Arbor. Although producer Matt was older than he seemed, he'd still be in his mid-30s now, making a 2004 Buzzboard debut rather unlikely. And that Matt was a Downriver lad.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:29 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:17 pm

Here are Valenti's comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTjYT8chuQ&t=21580s

Mr. Positive or Martin should bring this to Ron's attention. Then Ron would not feel so lonely as the only Detroit sports talk host who's willing To Tell the Truth about Miguel Cabrera.

It might even earn Valenti one of the following:
  • Ron's highest compliment—"He's a good man."
  • Ron's most ambiguous comment—"Good for him."

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:48 am

As posted in others areas and local press. Matt shepherd out at Bally sports, Ron will be happy and I am sure we will hear Ron say many times, that he probably won’t be hired at other places-as Ron has said many times

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:36 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:29 am
MWmetalhead wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:17 pm

Here are Valenti's comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxTjYT8chuQ&t=21580s

Mr. Positive or Martin should bring this to Ron's attention. Then Ron would not feel so lonely as the only Detroit sports talk host who's willing To Tell the Truth about Miguel Cabrera.

It might even earn Valenti one of the following:
  • Ron's highest compliment—"He's a good man."
  • Ron's most ambiguous comment—"Good for him."
I would also like to know since Ron does not like talking about the buzzboard “Ron” this past week has posted quite a bit on his Twitter account :)

As a one man operation, I am sure this took way to much of his valuable time

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:59 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:48 am
As posted in others areas and local press. Matt shepherd out at Bally sports, Ron will be happy and I am sure we will hear Ron say many times, that he probably won’t be hired at other places-as Ron has said many times
Could a new career bussing tables at Denny's be in his future?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:56 pm

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:48 am
It's probably going to be a big "I told you so" show this Friday, with the departure of Shepard (who was scared for his job) and different baseball managers (something Ron has been predicting ad nauseam for about three months).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic