Page 1 of 1

MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2026 9:11 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
I guess the rule about teams playing division rivals in the first round is gone. Atlanta faces the Phils at home, and Boston travels to play the Stankees. Should be interesting.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 12:22 am
by SD45
The AL only had 6 teams with .500 or better records. Those are the playoff teams.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:04 am
by edj
First time in a full season a .500 team makes the playoffs.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:46 am
by Bobbertt
For me, there are just too many games to really enjoy the postseason. The last few years, I've been watching 50-year old YouTube videos of postseason games. Those videos take me back to when only the best of the best got into the postseason, and also when, as a teenager, my enthusiasm for the game was at its peak. I'm looking forward to a replay of the final game of the 1976 ALCS, when Chris Chambliss hit a walk-off home run to win the series, and madness erupted in Yankee Stadium.



But if I sound too much like an old-timer, I will watch a World Series that matches up Tampa Bay and Milwaukee, two franchises that have never won a World Series.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:49 am
by Honeyman
Bobbertt wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:46 am For me, there are just too many games to really enjoy the postseason. The last few years, I've been watching 50-year old YouTube videos of postseason games. Those videos take me back to when only the best of the best got into the postseason, and also when, as a teenager, my enthusiasm for the game was at its peak. I'm looking forward to a replay of the final game of the 1976 ALCS, when Chris Chambliss hit a walk-off home run to win the series, and madness erupted in Yankee Stadium.



But if I sound too much like an old-timer, I will watch a World Series that matches up Tampa Bay and Milwaukee, two franchises that have never won a World Series.
LOL, I was just looking at some predictions and saw a couple TB-MILW, which makes sense since they had the 2 best records. But my first thought is what a national ratings disaster that would be.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 4:21 pm
by Bull Shannon
I'd like to see either Tampa Bay-Milwaukee or a Windy City World Series.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:59 pm
by moldyoldie
Casey Mize is on the IL again, this time with an ankle sprain, so he won't be seen in the Padres first series.
It may be for the best as he was getting lit up in a few starts. His ERA for the Padres was just under 8.00.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2026 11:38 pm
by SD45
Matthew Boyd is starting game one for the Cubs. First playoff game for the Cubs in San Diego since the 1984 NLCS, which didnt go well for Chicago.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:04 am
by MegaHertz
Didn't fare well for the Padres, either.

Tigers did pretty good that year.

This year, they get to sit at home and watch.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:52 am
by moldyoldie
I never forgave the Cubbies for blowing that '84 series. Imagine, a Tigers/Cubs World Series. [sigh]

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 6:58 am
by edj
Yankees and Red Sox are in primetime. Shocking.

Re: MLB Playoffs!

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:56 pm
by moldyoldie
Braves over Phillies 5-3 in Game 1 on an eighth inning three-run dinger.