All,
On several occasions, I have heard three different stations on 98.7 simultaneously during my daily commute from the G.R. area to Lansing. The obvious is FGR. I figured out that the second is DZH out of Detroit. I haven't been able to determine the third. It's some sort of pop/dance/club/hip-hop. The third station plays a range of music that I don't think I am allowed to listen to because I am far too old and uncool. There's a news station in Ludington, a country translator in Dayton, A K-Love also in Ohio, another Christian station in Indiana, and a couple others in Indiana that are much too far and also the wrong format.
I have to say that it's a bit strange to hear Tom Petty and Lenny Kravitz at the same time or Jimmy Eat World and AJR's Bang!.
Any ideas about what the third station could be? It seems to tune in closer to Lansing, say around the Grand Ledge area.
All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
Tuning three different 98.7 stations in between G.R. and Lansing
-
ChrisWL1980
- Posts: 1250
- Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am
Re: Tuning three different 98.7 stations in between G.R. and Lansing
Do you get this all the time, or has it just been within the past few days? With the extreme tropo we've been having, it could be from anywhere in the Upper Midwest or as far away as Kentucky or Tennessee.
98.7 WNNS in Springfield IL has an AC format, and AC stations sometimes play pop/dance/club music, so that's one possibility.
98.7 WNNS in Springfield IL has an AC format, and AC stations sometimes play pop/dance/club music, so that's one possibility.