Page 1 of 1
Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:43 pm
by MrJeffrey2020
This may have already been posted but WKBD has removed the "CW50" logo that they have always had. It is now "Detroit 50" I am not sure how to include images on this but I noticed this change today.
Re: Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:10 pm
by Taco
I looked on their website, I don't see any changes. Maybe they haven't updated it on there yet.
Re: Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:16 pm
by MrJeffrey2020
Taco wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:10 pm
I looked on their website, I don't see any changes. Maybe they haven't updated it on there yet.
It's on this website.
https://www.cbsnews.com/detroit/detroit-50/
Re: Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:18 pm
by MrJeffrey2020
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:33 pm
Saw it during a show promo. New logo is lame as hell. Bland sans serif font - all caps - "DETROIT50."
Typical stupidity from CBS relative to management of its O & O stations. Some asshole literally spent 30 seconds designing that visual disgrace.
They completely ruined the brands of so many heritage stations over the past year.
It reminds me of the "CBSDETROIT" they are using for 62. Maybe they are trying to make that a theme with the Detroit stations.
Re: Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:51 pm
by edj
So bland and pathetic. A modernization of the Cox logo would have been ideal. Even the Field logo wasn't bad.
Re: Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:55 pm
by Luke
Re: Detroit 50 - REBRANDED LOGO
Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:27 pm
by rugratsonline
edj wrote: ↑Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:51 pm
So bland and pathetic. A modernization of the Cox logo would have been ideal. Even the Field logo wasn't bad.
Personally I would bring back the Field era logo -- apart from finagling the "TV screen" portion to look more modern, that logo looks timeless.
Maybe have the "Detroit 50" logo done in the Field style.
The new logo -- just like anything else these days -- is devoid of any creativity. Don't know how much it costs, but anyone could make that logo with MS Paint and a similar logo from Creative Fabrica or Dafont. Price -- a few bucks in production plus whatever it costs to license the font used.