Page 1 of 1

Re: What the hell is wrong with WDET's signal?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:11 pm
by radioandtventhusiast
Usually at my house in Toledo, I can get a faint WDET signal, but at least for a week, it doesn't come in at all. Possibly at reduced power? I don't get it because they just fixed their signal problems a while back. BTW, WUOM always has a better signal than WDET in NW Toledo.

Re: What the hell is wrong with WDET's signal?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:40 pm
by Colonel Flagg
I lost any reason to listen to WDET years ago :rollin

Man oh man, after all of the bleating they did on-air pleading for a new transmitter, and still they have issues

Re: What the hell is wrong with WDET's signal?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:57 pm
by MrJeffrey2020
It's so bad that I can sometimes receive WLDR from Traverse City on 101.9, from Lapeer.

Re: What the hell is wrong with WDET's signal?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:03 pm
by Ben Zonia
Maybe they are working on or replacing the antenna in preparation for diplexing with WLLZ 106.7. The CP was issued on 12-30-22.

https://www.fccdata.org/?facid=&call=WL ... d=&lang=en

Re: What the hell is wrong with WDET's signal?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:17 pm
by Mega Hertz
Ben Zonia wrote: ↑Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:03 pm Maybe they are working on or replacing the antenna in preparation for diplexing with WLLZ 106.7. The CP was issued on 12-30-22.

https://www.fccdata.org/?facid=&call=WL ... d=&lang=en
I wonder if we'll get WLLZ's signal better here in Brighton.

Or I could just buy an 80s hair metal CD compilation and split the difference.

I'm noticing I'm getting better reception of 101.7 Mike FM. Wonder if the DET problem is why.

Re: What the hell is wrong with WDET's signal?

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:38 pm
by Ben Zonia
I don't think the WLLZ signal will be much different in Brighton, if the do actually move. It's still licensed as a 61000 watt grandfathered superpower station. Because they moved, they'd have to stay inside the old 60 dBu contour. But it looks like they will lose their superpower status if they move, and be just 39000 watts. They also may still be short spaced to WQKL, because it now has to be 43 miles rather than 40 under old rules. Not sure about WSAQ. I'd have to plug the numbers in to see.

Only 35 miles to WQKL 107.1. Comes under Section 73.213. Under early FM rules, WPAG-FM/WQKL was considered to be a suburban station, and fell under the equitable distribution of facilities clause. WSAQ 107.1 is fully spaced at 53 miles.

WSAE 106.9 is fully spaced.