Page 1 of 1

Minor format change at WWJ 950

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:50 pm
by MichMash
I noticed yesterday morning (Monday, Feb. 15) that WWJ's sportscasts, which forever had been at :15 and :45 past the hour, are now being presented at :23 and :53 past the hour. There has been no change to the timing of the other regular segments (traffic is still every 10 minutes on the 8's, Bloomberg business reports still at :25 and :55 past). They do not seem to be running any special new segments in the old sports space, but it does seem to allow them to do a more continuous news segment between the traffic spots at :08-:18 and :38-:48.

I only listen to WWJ in the mornings and have no idea if this change remains throughout the day.

Re: Minor format change at WWJ 950

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:07 pm
by ascher2
Are there any changes in anchor positions since Tom Jordan has gone to WJR?

Re: Minor format change at WWJ 950

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:41 am
by WOHO
Rock and Roll format, aka WKRP, WWJ your "50,000 watt intensive care station babies..."

Re: Minor format change at WWJ 950

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:52 pm
by paul8539
I have noticed that too. It seems that now, they just have regular headlines at :15 and :45. Did the sports guy have to do something near this time on WXYT or some other station, so they had to move the WWJ time so there would be time to move to the other studio?

They used to have a Stardate episode at 10:52 on Sunday evenings (just on Sundays); I think this was a replacement for 8:22, which has been taken over by a retirement show. When will they move this to?

Re: Minor format change at WWJ 950

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:48 pm
by SolarMax
Slightly off-topic - a WWJ blooper:
There was a report today concerning someone accused in a firebombing case.
The newsreader (Brooke Allen maybe), called the device a "Mazel-Tov" cocktail.
Oy vey! :roll:

Re: Minor format change at WWJ 950

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:31 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:13 pm The sports news updates on 97.1 The Ticket generally occur at or very close to the top and bottom of the hour, so I'd say the answer to your earlier question is "no."

I suspect many of the sports reports that air on WWJ are pre-recorded.
I am sure they are, just like Dan Miller records his to run in the morning on Fox 2.