Re: The H*** Show coming to Detroit! That's H*** news!
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 pm
Metro Detroit is not predominantly black.
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/
African Americans are 14% of the US
Page Not Found
Of course they are but thats not what was said though. The exact quote was this: "another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!" Sorry, but that is provably inaccurate. 22.8% African American is nowhere near "predominant".TC Talks wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pmAfrican Americans are 14% of the US
Metro Detroit it's 22%
So yes, African Americans are a major part of the population.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... opulations
Just gotta forgive him... he's pretty bad with math... and facts.JLesinski wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:20 pmOf course they are but thats not what was said though. The exact quote was this: "another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!" Sorry, but that is provably inaccurate. 22.8% African American is nowhere near "predominant".TC Talks wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 pmAfrican Americans are 14% of the US
Metro Detroit it's 22%
So yes, African Americans are a major part of the population.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... opulations
Definitions of
predominantly
1
adv
much greater in number or influence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metro_Detroit
"As of the census of 2010, there were 4,296,250 people, 1,682,111 households, and 1,110,454 families residing within the metropolitan statistical area. The census reported 70.1% White, 22.8% African American, 0.3% Native American, 3.3% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 1.2% from other races, and 2.2% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.2% of the population. Arab Americans were at least 4.7% of the region's population (considered white in the US Census)."

So you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pmWhen I say "Detroit" I do not mean "Sterling Whites." I mean Detroit.JLesinski wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?
"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.
Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
I'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit"lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 amNo. I'm going with when I say "Detroit," I mean Detroit.JLesinski wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 amSo you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pmWhen I say "Detroit" I do not mean "Sterling Whites." I mean Detroit.JLesinski wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?
"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.
Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
You're going with something else.
When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.
JLesinski: So you're going with the population of Cleveland from 2010?
Me: No. Detroit. 2018. Please try to keep up.
There is no Detroit-only radio market - such a thing doesn't exist. The market, by definition, includes all of Metro Detroit. You lose.lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 pm So, the H*** show is coming to Detroit!
https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/07/th ... rsday.html
H*** congratulations and H*** success for another white radio host in a predominantly black market!!!
Dude, you can say it as slowly as you want and as many times as you want. In the context of discussing radio and television shows "Detroit" refers to the entire area because...stay with me now...the radio signal doesnt care about the borders of Detroit proper. We understand that in your head you are thinking the literal city of Detroit only. What you are not getting is that the physical borders of Detroit proper are irrelevant.lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:58 pmOnce again, slowly, so even you can understand.JLesinski wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pmI'm caught up and know the meaning of words. We are in a sub-forum literally titled "Metro Detroit"lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 amNo. I'm going with when I say "Detroit," I mean Detroit.JLesinski wrote: ↑Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:49 amSo you're going with the angle that the signal is going to be magically contained within the literal Detroit borders? Thats a bold take.lovinlife101 wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:30 pmWhen I say "Detroit" I do not mean "Sterling Whites." I mean Detroit.JLesinski wrote: ↑Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:33 am So the radio signal is going to magically stop at the borders of Detroit when he is on?
"Metro Detroit is not predominantly black". This is a true and factual statement backed up by the census.
Yes, Detroit proper is mostly black. Metro Detroit however where the majority of our population lives, and where the radio signal will travel, is 70% white. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept.
You're going with something else.
When I say the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662, I mean the population of Detroit in 2018 was 672,662.
JLesinski: So you're going with the population of Cleveland from 2010?
Me: No. Detroit. 2018. Please try to keep up.![]()
So again, do you think the signal will not be going out to all of metro Detroit? Please just answer that very simple question. The shows audience will literally include all of Metro Detroit which is 70% white. That is not a predominantly black market.
Is it a strong black market? Sure.
Is it a large black market? Sure.
But the fact remains that our area is NOT "Predominantly Black".
You can say the show is coming to "Detroit" and in your head you may mean the literal Detroit borders. In the real world however, signals do not care about city boundaries and all of metro Detroit will be the potential audience; which is, of course, 70% white per the census. That, obviously, is no where near "predominantly black". Its really pointless arguing this though. When the show comes to "Detroit", everyone will understand that its going everywhere. You can continue to think that it is only for "Detroit proper". Honestly, makes no difference to me.
I. Said. "Detroit."
Show me where I said "Metro Detroit" prior to this post and I'll give you $1 million.