Page 1 of 2

Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 pm
by Deleted User 15225
Blown out.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 pm
by JLesinski
He was all over the place. He could bring it when he wanted to with solid opinions and solid broadcasting skills but then he'd ruin it with dumb jokes, sexual inuendos or laughing when nothing funny was said or implied. I actually think he was capable of a lot more if he couldve reigned in those shortcomings.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:39 am
by Matt
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:26 pm What about lazy Wojo?

I actually thought Kyle Bogey was pretty good on the air. Didn't always agree with his opinions, but he sounded polished. Not nearly as rough around the edges behind the mic as some of the part-timers heard on 97.1.
How is Wojo lazy?

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:52 am
by lidoshuffle
Wojo is not lazy...I like his show, like his columns in the Det News as well....

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:01 am
by Rate This
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:29 pm Well, look what I found:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 037437001/

I think Kyle might be more interested in TV broadcasting. Would not surprise me if he joins channel 7 on a permanent basis.
I actually don’t think he’s all that bad on 7. He speaks better than Justin Rose does.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:15 am
by iloveblackpeople
Couldn't have happened to a better piece of crap.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm
by riggs
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:29 pm Well, look what I found:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 037437001/

I think Kyle might be more interested in TV broadcasting. Would not surprise me if he joins channel 7 on a permanent basis.
Kyle has been quite good when he's filled in............did not seem out of place at all. I think TV is more in his future than radio.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:17 pm
by riggs
Hey........which one of our staffers is expecting a baby in two weeks.....................Oh, that one...............That's the one to fire (less insurance, right?). Entercom sucks.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:38 pm
by wtfdetroit
JLesinski wrote: ↑Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 pm He was all over the place. He could bring it when he wanted to with solid opinions and solid broadcasting skills but then he'd ruin it with dumb jokes, sexual inuendos or laughing when nothing funny was said or implied. I actually think he was capable of a lot more if he couldve reigned in those shortcomings.
Right. He has potential to better but for some reason he thought people liked listening to jokes teenagers told.

On a different note, Pat Caputo got laid off from The Oakland Press after 37 years today.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:24 pm
by Colonel Flagg
Whether you like Bogey or not, it's good to finally see some young talent coming up through the ranks, as opposed to the same old familiar retreads.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:00 pm
by craig11152
I don't wish unemployment on anybody but I didn't much care for the guy. He seemed to have too much of an "I'm always right because I'm the smartest guy in the room" thing for my taste.

Re: Bogey out at 97.1

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:32 pm
by Matt
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:16 pm Compare a typical Wojo column today to one from 15 years ago.

He has really dumbed down his writing style. Some of his columns used to be mini literary masterpieces. These days, he writes at a fifth grade level. He also is a master of "stating the obvious." He never comes to the table with anything particularly insightful anymore.
In other words, he's evolved. I don't see any changes in his work.