Page 1 of 44

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:08 pm
by stopnswop2
Classic rock it is... again.

And the Resurrection of WLLZ!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:15 pm
by RayQix
And..... Doug Podell is on the air.

Thank God an alternative to idiot Dahmer finally.

An excellent way to start the first weekend of March!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:16 pm
by RayQix
And hopefully someone catches his list of Air Talent they are gonna list.


Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 pm
by Deleted User 14935
It will do good against CSX, Smart Move IHeart, Wish I was part of it. Good Luck Doug and company.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:24 pm
by Steve79
They just announced the line up...
I heard Trudy Daniels
Doug McAllister
And a few other notable names

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:27 pm
by Mega Hertz
I'm not...I was just...cutting onions.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:32 pm
by handbanana
Another non-starter on the 106.7 frequency. Will land behind both WRIF & CSX after a possible honeymoon period.

This is also a good time to remind everyone that Clear Channel had a chance to be the first with FM sports in the market at this frequency and didn't think it would work.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:32 pm
by Steve79
Hahahaha mega hertz. I wish them much success. Finally they are going to do it right, I just have a feeling. Nice to see the WLLZ call letters. (Who had them last?)

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm
by MrTaterSalad
It should have been W4 Country instead of Wheelz, but whatever.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:36 pm
by Deleted User 14935
This was needed sometime ago this is going to work well, Podell is a great talent and if he’s in charge it will be done right and the fact he was part of the original WLLZ he’s the right man for the job.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:41 pm
by Deleted User 14935
MrTaterSalad wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm It should have been W4 Country instead of Wheelz, but whatever.
Country is over done in Detroit, Look how many Country stations in the Metro Detroit Area, WYCD 99.5, CJWF 95.9, WDRQ 93.1, WWWW 102.9, WSAQ 107.1 and CFCO 630/92.9 did I miss any?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:44 pm
by stopnswop2
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:40 pm
I'm hearing a decent dose of 90's and early 00's songs. Examples - "Cowboy" by Kid Rock, "Gotta Get Away" by the Offspring and "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes.
And that is unfortunately why I have no interest in this.


But I'm sure it will do well!
Long time overdue!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:46 pm
by Bobbert
I tuned into 106.7 when I got off work at 4:30 and they were playing a hard-rocking AC-DC song that fit my mood (It's a Long Way to the Top if You Wanna Rock'n'Roll). Then they played it again...and again...and again...and again. I think I counted five or six times before the big announcement at 5:00. Wonder how many times it was played before I tuned in.

It was a surreal experience with a song that helped flush the workweek out of my system. I will probably never dislodge the guitar riff from my head.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:47 pm
by MrTaterSalad
GNASH-FM is toast sooner or later. iHeart should have waited for GNash to flip and then gotten the WWWW-FM calls from Cume-less. Whatever, 106.7 the Fox should have been W4 Country too but they screwed that one up as well.