Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Gotta love Kmart - a great example of Detroit's history of failure in most aspects of society.

The web site linked below is GREAT.

The author has visited a handful of Kmart stores in the Inland Empire area of California and has documented numerous - let's say, interesting - findings with regard to product merchandising. I was laughing my butt off at some of the photos.

http://wtfkmart.tumblr.com/page/10

Here's a similar site; this one seems to be from a former manager:

http://shcemployee.tumblr.com/


Thanks, corporate radio, for finally tossing Nickelback to the curb. Now can you please do the same for Shinedown? THEY SUCK!!!

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 2058
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:01 pm

K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.

I sold my K Mart stock that very day. Turned out to be a great move. Only wish I had shorted a bunch of it.


There sure isn't as much excitement, fawning, or adulation over our first orange president as there was over our first black one. Evidently, orange really isn't the new black.

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 1982
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.

I sold my K Mart stock that very day. Turned out to be a great move. Only wish I had shorted a bunch of it.
We were in Florida in September when temps were in the 90s every day. Home Depot had stacks of snow shovels.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.

I sold my K Mart stock that very day. Turned out to be a great move. Only wish I had shorted a bunch of it.
We were in Florida in September when temps were in the 90s every day. Home Depot had stacks of snow shovels.
They're sand shovels in Florida. :blink


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
Calvert DeForest
Posts: 798
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:14 pm
Location: The corner of US-16 and M-78

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:28 am

I do miss our St. Johns Kmart, just because it was a nice quiet alternative to the Walmart down the road. Problem is, it was a little too quiet, so when the end finally came a few years back, nobody was really surprised. In fact, I'm amazed they stuck it out as long as they did.


It's okay to be bored once in a while.

NS8401
Posts: 6173
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by NS8401 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Gotta love Kmart - a great example of Detroit's history of failure in most aspects of society.

The web site linked below is GREAT.

The author has visited a handful of Kmart stores in the Inland Empire area of California and has documented numerous - let's say, interesting - findings with regard to product merchandising. I was laughing my butt off at some of the photos.

http://wtfkmart.tumblr.com/page/10

Here's a similar site; this one seems to be from a former manager:

http://shcemployee.tumblr.com/
You realize Detroit was once really nice right?



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Why didn't they change all Kmart's into Sears?


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

NS8401
Posts: 6173
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by NS8401 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:45 pm

audiophile wrote:Why didn't they change all Kmart's into Sears?
That would have been kind of weird... Plus Kmart BOUGHT Sears not the other way around. The corporate name changed from Kmart Corporation to Sears Holdings Corporation.

What id like to know is how a bankrupt company buys a healthy company?



bmw
Posts: 657
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time.
I avoid them for one simple reason - the checkout process is PAINFULLY slow. Every single person that goes through the lane, the cashier first asks them if they have a rewards card. If they do, then the cashier asks if they'd like to use it. If they do, then the cashier looks up their balance and tells them how much they have left on it. If they don't have one, the cashier asks if they'd like one. After that song and dance is over, then they ask you if you'd like to donate part of your purchase to charity. You have to click yes or no on the touch screen - which, since mostly old people shop at KMart, this take a while for them to figure out. Then when its all done, the cash register prints out at least 5 or 6 different receipts/coupons/who knows what - what a waste of paper, and of time!

UGH, I almost get a panic attack just thinking about standing in line at a KMart.



User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 am

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:Why didn't they change all Kmart's into Sears?
That would have been kind of weird... Plus Kmart BOUGHT Sears not the other way around. The corporate name changed from Kmart Corporation to Sears Holdings Corporation.

What id like to know is how a bankrupt company buys a healthy company?
Not sure either was all that healthy. Sears probably has a better reputation though.


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

User avatar
moldyoldie
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
Location: On that thar' interweb jobber

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:14 am

NS8401 wrote:
audiophile wrote:Why didn't they change all Kmart's into Sears?
That would have been kind of weird... Plus Kmart BOUGHT Sears not the other way around. The corporate name changed from Kmart Corporation to Sears Holdings Corporation.

What id like to know is how a bankrupt company buys a healthy company?
Actually, it was the newly formed Kmart Holdings Corporation, founded by billionaire investor Edward Lampert in 2003, which bought out Sears, Roebuck and Co., not the bankrupt entity formerly known as Kmart Corp.


"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

User avatar
audiophile
Posts: 4022
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:40 am

They have changed their corporate name to Sears Holdings Co.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SHLD


Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

ADD in TC
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by ADD in TC » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 pm

It was announced earlier today that our local Acme Township store will be closing.I go in there about once a month to pay my DTE Energy bill(for whatever strange reason I like paying my bills with cash when I can).This store is a bit outdated up front and has few floor cracks but is otherwise extremely clean and very nice looking throughout,including a very clean modern large men's restroom,unlike most Kmarts which are dumpy and dirty,including the nearby Garfield Township store.

Even though this store is nice and quite,which i kind of like,I don't believe I've ever spent more than 10 dollars on merchandise there at once.

I will be very sad to see a large nearby building sitting empty,possibly for many years.



NS8401
Posts: 6173
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by NS8401 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 pm

ADD in TC wrote:It was announced earlier today that our local Acme Township store will be closing.I go in there about once a month to pay my DTE Energy bill(for whatever strange reason I like paying my bills with cash when I can).This store is a bit outdated up front and has few floor cracks but is otherwise extremely clean and very nice looking throughout,including a very clean modern large men's restroom,unlike most Kmarts which our dumpy and dirty,including the nearby Garfield Township store.

Even though this store is nice and quite,which i kind of like,I don't believe I've ever spent more than 10 dollars on merchandise there at once.

I will be very sad to see a large nearby building sitting empty,possibly for many years.
10 Kmarts and a Sears store in Grand Rapids are all closing here in Michigan.



User avatar
craig11152
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:15 am
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 am

Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.
Not to defend K-Mart but that sort of thing is not uncommon at all retailers.


Finally, he switched to a bone saw to finish the job, and at 9:17 p.m., Mountain time, the head of the greatest hitter who ever lived had been sliced off.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic