Notice to all Buzzboard readers & posters: A requested server migration took place Saturday evening. Unfortunately, I did not re-point my DNS records to the new server until roughly 7:45p ET on Monday, November 12. As a result, any posts and new user registrations occurring between the nighttime hours of 11/10 and approximately 7:45p ET on Monday, 11/12 have been lost.

This was unavoidable, and the longer I waited to re-point to the new server, the greater the number of posts that would've been lost.

Please feel free to resubmit any threads / posts you created. They will NOT be lost this time! Many thanks for your patience these past couple of weeks while I've worked to migrate the Buzzboard to a more secure, more robust platform.

Check out the Buzzboard's newest forum - the Buzzboard Marketplace! Find it here: http://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

If you were in charge of the local cable system

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
ftballfan

If you were in charge of the local cable system

Post by ftballfan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:22 pm

If you were in charge of your local cable system, what would you do?

I would add CBC to all Charter systems that don't carry it
I would add back all the out-of-market channels dropped in the 1970s and 1980s and put them on digital cable
I would add 29&8 to Charter systems in Ludington, Reed City, and Big Rapids (they're all in the TC market)

This is all pipe dreams and none of this will likely ever happen.

G G

Re: If you were in charge of the local cable system

Post by G G » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:10 pm

I'd get rid of MSNBC and run Glenn Beck's new channel.

There are a group of people who would like to silence everybody and have everybody go along to get along; that's not going to be very helpful for us in the long run. Somebody has to be courageous enough to actually stand up to the bullies - Dr. Ben Carson

48125er

Post by 48125er » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:00 pm

G G wrote:I'd get rid of MSNBC and run Glenn Beck's new channel.
that and inaccurate DemoCRAT based CNN and the popstar Whore garbage on Disney channel.

Splouge
Location: 9 miles from the laziest ever TV station, W33BY, or as they call themselves, WHPR TV

Post by Splouge » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:08 am

Make sure that Comcast in all of SE Michigan carry WCMZ and WGTE and all of the subchannels

And Comcast in all of the US has special 24 hour versions of [adult swim] and Cartoon Network

For your health

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:42 am

ftballfan wrote:If you were in charge of your local cable system, what would you do?

I would add 29&8 to Charter systems in Ludington, Reed City, and Big Rapids (they're all in the TC market)
In early 2014, 29&8 was added to Charter systems in those aforementioned areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtburb
Location: Wyandotte, 17 miles from Southfield, 38 miles from Oregon

Post by mtburb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:43 pm

ftballfan wrote:I would add back all the out-of-market channels dropped in the 1970s and 1980s and put them on digital cable
I would do the same, with those out-of-market channels varying by proximity to the headend.

For example, the Comcast headends in Ann Arbor, Monroe, Woodhaven and Taylor would add back WTOL, WTVG, WNWO and WUPW. Wyandotte Cable would add back those same four stations as well.

My furthest DTV tropo: KDKA Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania at 202 miles for three days in January 2017 and a night in September 2017 with only an Antennas Direct C2V!

I no longer maintain my RabbitEars.info DX listing.

Splouge
Location: 9 miles from the laziest ever TV station, W33BY, or as they call themselves, WHPR TV

Post by Splouge » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:33 pm

mtburb wrote:
ftballfan wrote:I would add back all the out-of-market channels dropped in the 1970s and 1980s and put them on digital cable
I would do the same, with those out-of-market channels varying by proximity to the headend.

For example, the Comcast headends in Ann Arbor, Monroe, Woodhaven and Taylor would add back WTOL, WTVG, WNWO and WUPW. Wyandotte Cable would add back those same four stations as well.
For WUPW, you'd have to be in charge of Fox, they don't allow cable providers to carry out-of-market stations. Pretty sad, it's exactly why people can't get Buzzr on Buckeye Cable System

For your health

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:33 am

Splouge wrote:
mtburb wrote:

For WUPW, you'd have to be in charge of Fox, they don't allow cable providers to carry out-of-market stations. Pretty sad, it's exactly why people can't get Buzzr on Buckeye Cable System
Out-of-market subchannels should be allowed to be carried if they're not shown on a local station

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:31 pm

ftballfan wrote:
Splouge wrote:
mtburb wrote:

Out-of-market subchannels should be allowed to be carried if they're not shown on a local station

Damn right. Anyway, I'd have all cable providers in SE Michigan carry CBET, CICO, CHWI, CIII, WCMZ, WGTE, WHTV, WNWO, WTVG, and WTOL. And also WHNE and W33BY

For your health

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:44 am

Don't the vast majority of cable systems in the Detroit area already carry CBET? It also seems like most get either WGTE or WCMZ (but not both)

Splouge

Post by Splouge » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:11 am

ftballfan wrote:Don't the vast majority of cable systems in the Detroit area already carry CBET? It also seems like most get either WGTE or WCMZ (but not both)

Must-carry says they don't HAVE TO carry those stations, so they could be deleted.

For your health

tvradiojunkie

Post by tvradiojunkie » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:11 am

I would have CBC (whichever affiliate is closest) added to every cable system in the state. Or at the very least have it added to cable here in Lansing. Never understood why CBET was carried in East Lansing and not Lansing. Also would add back some of the out of market stations that were carried here at one time like WOOD, WKBD, and WJRT and include WDIV and WXYZ in there as well.

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:32 am

ftballfan wrote:If you were in charge of your local cable system, what would you do?

I would add back all the out-of-market channels dropped in the 1970s and 1980s and put them on digital cable

If Ludington, Reed City, and Big Rapids already carry WZZM I can't see adding WGTU as I think it's an inferior channel. But I would be for having both!

TheForce

Post by TheForce » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:40 am

1. Replace CBC Montreal with CBC Windsor AND show it in HD.

2. Broadcast WNEM in HD, it's standard def where I live.

3. For those living on the border of viewing areas, have all associated affiliates in the channel line-up.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:26 pm

TheForce wrote:

If Ludington, Reed City, and Big Rapids already carry WZZM I can't see adding WGTU as I think it's an inferior channel. But I would be for having both!
29&8 (and CW Plus) was added to those systems a couple of years ago now.

I have a couple more things:
CW Plus in HD and on a lower channel (Traverse City area)
Add WMNN's subchannels (Antenna TV, Laff, Escape, Grit, Buzzr)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic