Page 7 of 44

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 am
by Y M Ionhere
windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:54 am
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:52 am
windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:40 am were going to get some changes from the original WLLZ but lets not bitch we have been asking fir this on this buzzbozrd for at least 10 yrs.

I knew something was up when iheart did a Detroits Wheelz on their HD side or at least registered it or something I heard.

Iwould sure love to see Arthur P do aft drive or even some VT on a weekend shift BABY!!!!!

Done right this will be alot of fun and screw Beasley real good.

Hey Steve Black come over to Detroits Wheelz!!!!!!
Most if not all of us retired radio people will never get out of retirement, So Art would never leave retirement for any station and neither would I. 3 months ago I was asked to do a gig and flat out said no, I’m retired to be retired. End of story.
I know Art is retired in Texas but you dont have to be in the D to get on the air for one last time these days.........
I think he moved back but isnt keeping as high a profile.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:42 am
by Y M Ionhere
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:56 am The next question, How much longer will WCSX continue playing the pussy Classic Rock That they play? Will they get harder edge or just keep playing Elton, Steve Miller, ELO and all the other Pussy Classic Rock titles, Just wondering.
I hope they do. Too much 80s hair as it is. I thought they dropped ELO and Elton to slobber over the same Journey and BonHalen/AcDc cuts everyone else has played into the ground.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am
by borderboy653659200
Wait a minute, I enjoy most hair metal . (Perhaps because I'm bald ?)

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:20 pm
by mkhopper
I dunno. Just scanning through the full playlist from kickoff through until now (noon, Saturday), I just see the same, tired, set of songs you can hear (and have heard) endlessly anywhere else. :barf
Nirvana - 5 plays. Same crap.
Pink Floyd - 6 plays. Same crap.
ZZ Top - 7 plays. Same crap.
Led Zepplin - 9 plays. Same crap.
Van Halen - 10 times. Mostly same crap. A few deeper cuts.
Journey - 2 plays. Each time, Don't Stop Believin'. (really? that's as deep as they could go?)

They played Kiss - Rock And Roll All Nite three times in the space of just five hours.

I just don't see where they're going to do anything different.

If they really want to do some classic rock, they should do a mix Ozzy's Boneyard and Turbo from Sirius/XM. I'd never switch the channel.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm
by Mega Hertz
I was gonna warn ya...this is NOT going to be a deep tracks format. So don't be expecting it. You MIGHT get a surprise now and again but don't expect Touch and 707 cuts.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:18 pm
by MrTaterSalad
Are the calls for this station WLLZ-FM or WDTW-FM?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:22 pm
by MCelotto
When they were The D didn't they use the same slogan?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:28 pm
by RayQix
windsor wrote:
armchair pd wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:45 am
Willie108 wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:02 am Well, how about the over/under on the number of useless threads on this topic. Will the number top The Breeze????
What's the over under on the happy asshole from Windsor derailing all the treads with pointless rambling?
I wouldn't look for any drastic reaction from CSX right away. They're on top.
Im ready to knock them off theyre Fucking pedestal ASSHOLE!!!!! :barf

War has officially been fucking declared......all we need is Lee Arnold to land again in a whirly bird.
Lee Arnold or Lee Alan?

I’m sure this wasn’t done without some sort of research being done, but then again look at the train wreck that Nash is..... and that’s proof of the opposite.

Let’s give it some time......

FM radio itself was a “schtick” at one time.

Same thing for tv..... “it won’t last” they said.

Will see what happens.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:29 pm
by RayQix
MrTaterSalad wrote:Are the calls for this station WLLZ-FM or WDTW-FM?
They can’t legally use WLLZ yet (see previous comment wayyyyyyyyyyy up the thread) as it is down in Florida somewhere.

Maybe the calls will come back with the snowbirds from FL as well ;-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:35 pm
by RayQix
Well.... okay

Carolinas vs FLA........

Either way, this will be nice to have the heritage name & calls back here.

Now for the playlist..... “give it time” as the change just took place and they’re still be a tweak’n id say.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:56 pm
by windsor
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm I was gonna warn ya...this is NOT going to be a deep tracks format. So don't be expecting it. You MIGHT get a surprise now and again but don't expect Touch and 707 cuts.
Or Shooting Star cuts.......lol. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5BqpvcWuyo


For the folks that dont know what Im talking about............ :rollin