Page 56 of 58
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:08 pm
by moldyoldie
Bobbertt wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2026 11:07 am
moldyoldie wrote: ↑Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:27 pm
Live long enough and you'll see anything. Mr. Clutch Torkelson (

) swung and missed on a breaking ball in the dirt on a 3-2 pitch with the bases loaded and two outs. It got past the catcher to the wall; with the runners going on the pitch two runs scored!

Tork was safe at first.
Tork earlier hit a low liner to right that got past the right fielder all the way to the wall. Two runs scored and he ended up on third.
This must be Tork's day of divine redemption.
You can also thrown in the lucky double when Oneil Cruz missed a catch.
https://youtu.be/7zjCtUZiEm4?si=ccL3inolv8hUiB3I&t=431
Damn, you're right!

I guess a guy can take only so much divine intervention watching a game! It was coming at such a furious clip.

Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 12:24 pm
by MWmetalhead
You can get a 1-day trial with Fubo to watch Detroit Sports Net, and Verlander's final outing as a Tiger, for free.
To avoid a charge, you must cancel within 24 hours.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 1:24 pm
by moldyoldie

Anyone else noticing an unfamiliar little hitch in JV's arm as it leaves his glove when he rears back to throw?
Curve ball is still there.

Fastball is a few mph slower as expected.
(Edit)
The hitch seems to have dissipated after a couple innings. The fastball is also heatin' up a bit.

Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:02 pm
by bmw
For 43 years old and only pitching the 2nd time this year, I'd see he looks pretty good.
My guess is he'll be done after 6 innings.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:17 pm
by MWmetalhead
Based loaded with 1 out and Tigers couldn't get one friggin' base runner home.
This is the same frustrating team I remember!
Verlander's very first pitch of the 4th inning was smacked for a solo HR just now.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:21 pm
by moldyoldie
The "hitch" in his arm is back...and the four-seam fastball is down to 92 mph in the fourth.

The curve is still working, and his last fastball in the inning hit 95. I don't think he's going six; he may start the fifth.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:38 pm
by MWmetalhead
I agree. I'll be surprised if he starts the 6th.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:46 pm
by bmw
Oh man he shoulda came out after 4 and 2/3 after those back-to-back strike outs.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:50 pm
by moldyoldie
Damn, McKinstry's arm again!

Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:51 pm
by MWmetalhead
What a throw by McKinstry! Probably one of the best of the whole season by a Tigers player.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:57 pm
by MWmetalhead
I'll be damned. Verlander is coming out to pitch for the 6th.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:58 pm
by moldyoldie
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sat Sep 26, 2026 2:51 pm
What a throw by McKinstry! Probably one of the best of the whole season by a Tigers player.
He's been doing it all season!
By golly, JV's gonna start the sixth.
(Edit)
Awwww.

Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:06 pm
by MWmetalhead
I'm glad he was given the opportunity to leave the game on a high note.
I'll be honest; I thought the crowd's reaction during his outing today should've been more enthusiastic.
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:14 pm
by Momo
Re: Detroit Tigers 2026
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 3:36 pm
by Bull Shannon
I think Verlander had a better outing than any of us expected, and they kept him out long enough to get a W should the Tigers get their bats in order. Win or lose, I'm glad JV had a relatively solid outing for his last hurrah.