Page 43 of 44

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:53 am
by non-anon bob
RadioDork1 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:10 pm Anne Carlini on WLLZ tomorrow morning at 9.
YES, she is! Good move, Casey! :8)

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:47 pm
by windsor
wow just seen this news about anne carlini on FB, great move Wheelz, now we need Scott Randall back on air.

Thats how it was done on AOR in the old days , build your stable of jocks from the other stations, tweak your playlist and go for all out war.

Now WLLZ needs new stickers with the old logo and its complete.

Wheelz is my go to station when I flip to FM.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:07 pm
by thatonedude
Is she only doing weekends? Either give her mornings or whatever shift Casey has...I'll be a happy guy then.

Guessing Podell had a hand in this?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:42 pm
by windsor
Im thinking that Anne Carlini will replace Trudi in the midday spot and maybe we will see Drew and Trudi be reunited on a WLLZ morn show. Maybe LIVE maybe recorded. Can WLLZ make it worthwhile to Drew to put aside his podcast and give terrestrial radio one last shot????

Casey isnt the real morn guy imo, we will see more in the new year.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 pm
by thatonedude
As much as I'd like to see it, Drew coming back to terrestrial doesn't seem likely. He seems much too comfortable with the podcast.

Now if they were to run the podcast as the new morning show in the new year (like I predict they might)...then I think you might be onto something.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:12 pm
by windsor
thatonedude wrote: ↑Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:58 pm As much as I'd like to see it, Drew coming back to terrestrial doesn't seem likely. He seems much too comfortable with the podcast.

Now if they were to run the podcast as the new morning show in the new year (like I predict they might)...then I think you might be onto something.
The weekend "best of" of the podcast could be like you said be changed to the daily podcast as the morn show but would you be able to keep the daily podcast online and replay it on 106.7 mornings???

Would it be viable and give you ratings over a more music mornings which they are doing now??? That is the question.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 am
by Mega Hertz
Last time I remember, research showed that that audience wanted music-intensive AM drive. That may have changed, but even still, I'll take a Drew Lane podcast repeat over another spin of Livin on a Prayer. Drew doesn't do music, so if they were to do that, it would probably be a segment by segment basis. "The new generation of classic rock, WLLZ...here's Bad Company!"

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:50 am
by windsor
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:52 am Last time I remember, research showed that that audience wanted music-intensive AM drive. That may have changed, but even still, I'll take a Drew Lane podcast repeat over another spin of Livin on a Prayer. Drew doesn't do music, so if they were to do that, it would probably be a segment by segment basis. "The new generation of classic rock, WLLZ...here's Bad Company!"
I think they fixed that sweeper prob. Mega , now they do the "The new gen of classic rock " and now play a new gen song Not Bad Co. , it took awhile to fix it though.lmao.

Heard a terrible segway a few days ago though that left me scratching my head......Master of Puppets into Money for Nothing.....WTF :barf

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:46 am
by hmtb44
Anne Carlini is on this morning. I took a quick look at the 106.7 website to see if this was permanent.

Currently not showing anyone listed for the morning slot.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:34 pm
by JLesinski
They have absolutely tweaked toward more 70's stuff. It seems like about every other song now. Oh well. I keep giving them a shot and they keep fucking it up. Guess they'll remain a flip through station.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:43 am
by JLesinski
"The new generation of classic rock!" Now heres The Doors from 1969! :lol

I swear the people running that dumpster fire there dont have a clue.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:03 pm
by Realist
Driving thru Flint today, I tuned in around 10am. Went from Van Halen “Running with the Devil” (appropriate for a next gen classic rock station - hard rock staple), to Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun”.....to Heart’s “Barricuda”. WTF? Who programs this 💩💩💩?

Put Podell in charge of programming this station. Mix should be 85% 90’s and 2000’s like Turbo and Lithium, 15% 80’s (if even that)

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm
by MotorCityRadioFreak
Realist wrote: ↑Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:03 pm Driving thru Flint today, I tuned in around 10am. Went from Van Halen “Running with the Devil” (appropriate for a next gen classic rock station - hard rock staple), to Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun”.....to Heart’s “Barricuda”. WTF? Who programs this 💩💩💩?

Put Podell in charge of programming this station. Mix should be 85% 90’s and 2000’s like Turbo and Lithium, 15% 80’s (if even that)
I would listen then. Screw butt rock. Until then, Metallica will do just fine on Turbo. Great hearing "Turn the Page" this morning.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm
by windsor
I like when Ive driven to Frankenmuth, I lose 106.7 Detroit's Wheelz at the Clio exit and then flip to Wheelz 104.5 Saginaw/Bay City which is a bit more pure "Classic Rock that Really Roxx" format imo.