All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9662
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

I was going to say..98.7 hasn't been jazz since like 2013?
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9662
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WDZH

In August 2019, WDZH-HD3 flipped to "Channel Q," Entercom's Talk/EDM service for the LGBTQ community.

Would be interested to know if this is still active....
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
User avatar
RayQix
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:15 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by RayQix »

MWmetalhead wrote:Some of the channels RayQix mentioned left the air at least one year ago if not two years ago. He loves those channels and listens so often he never noticed! ;)
Psssssst.....

All the channels I mentioned were the HD2 sub channels...... not the primary ;-)

But yeah I’ll check because I do like the Smooth Jazz and will make sure the 98.7-HD2 is still there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
audiophile
Posts: 9555
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by audiophile »

Could be I-BLOC self interference. If the receiver I.F. is too wide it will trash it.

http://www.engineeringradio.us/blog/201 ... c-feature/
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

I think there might be an issue. Bohemian Rhapsody was kind of fuzzy in Saline the other day, but Bohemian Rhapsody was clear as a bell once I got back through Novi.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
JLesinski
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by JLesinski »

Why is WLLZ a distant 3rd? Yesterday I heard "Night Train" by GNR on WRIF. Fake wheels would never play that instead opting for "Paradise City" or "Welcome to the Jungle" yet again when its time for a GNR track.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

Riff does tend to go a little deeper with that album. It's not too uncommon to hear that or My Michelle, though Rocket Queen would be a nice touch.

GNR spins on rock radio would be an interesting discussion...if it was 1988. Alas, here we are.

I'm gonna have to give the nod to WRIF these days. Their gold selections are really hitting the spot lately, and they're not banging out the one or two hits from the likes of Warrant, Poison, Great White, Tesla, etc. But since this topic has been bumped, here is one of the reasons why. In addition to Riff at least attempting to shake it up a little bit, I've narrowed it down to the artists I seem to hear the most between CSX and LLZ (Riff can be guilty sometimes, too, but not with some of these artists).

Aerosmith (especially 1987 and beyond)
Queen
Boston
Bon Jovi
GNR
Tom Petty
Motley Crue
Van Halen (Roth era)
Def Leppard
Journey
STP (Core for the most part)
Collective Soul (Shine, primarily)

It seems as though any time I turn on one of those stations, one of those artists/songs has either just finished playing, is playing or is about to play. It's draining my love for those groups (especially when you could almost always find Appetite For Destruction in my car more often than not) and making me NOT want to tune in.

Oh well, back to 97.1 I go.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Editorcj
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Editorcj »

RATM "Killing in the Name Of" is getting regular play on Wheels, which is interesting because the last minute and a half has to be cut off. When I first heard the opening bass line I was intrigued, "how are they going to pull this off?" I thought. Just end it after the guitar solo was the answer.
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

I caught CSX playing "Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers" this afternoon around 5:30.

I started watching for locusts and the Four Horsemen.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
thatonedude
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:39 am

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by thatonedude »

Here's my question -- was it the original ZZ Top cut or was it Motörhead's version? ;)
take this job and shove it
JLesinski
Posts: 312
Joined: Sat May 25, 2019 11:43 pm

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by JLesinski »

I have noticed our rock stations going a bit deeper lately. Not as much or as often as I'm sure we'd all like but my question is...why?
Are they realizing their stale play lists needed some new blood?
Are they listening to us?
Change in corporate feelings allowing more deviation from the mandated songs?
PD's getting some balls?
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

thatonedude wrote: ↑Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 am Here's my question -- was it the original ZZ Top cut or was it Motörhead's version? ;)
The original ZZ Top version. Motorhead wouldn't even be allowed in the building to take a leak.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Post Reply