Page 35 of 44

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:17 am
by bobhuge
stopnswop2 wrote: ↑Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm Why does nobody play "Kick It Out" by Heart ?

WIDL does, about every two weeks, roughly. ;)

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:18 am
by bobhuge
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:54 am
bobhuge wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 am What I hope to be my parting shot on this topic, here's some of what we're playing this morning, 6-9 on WIDL. Like them or not (because you can't please everyone), they all used to be Active Rock.

Little Fighter - White Lion
Rumors in the Air - Night Ranger
Your Time is Gonna Come - Zep
Neighbor - Ugly Kid Joe
Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
Your Mam Don't Dance - Y&T
Mean Mistreater - Great White
You Take Me to the Top - Loverboy
Mama We're All Crazee Now - Slade
Sister Havana - Urge Overkill
Can I Sit Next to You - AC/DC
Ten Years Gone - Zep
Rock You Up - The Romantics
Johnny B Good - Judas Priest

You can continue to complain about what the new Wheels is or isn't doing, or you can just come to where it's already happening. :) Enjoy.
Hey man, any station playing Sister Havana can't be bad. Bummer is, 92.1 by me is that Fool FM that MW speaks SO highly of lol. Send a little more juice towards Brughton!
Wish we could push more that way. :( You can always get the stream, though.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:59 am
by bobhuge
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:49 am I will definitely check out WIDL's stream soon - and look forward to doing so! :)
We look forward to your feedback. We program locally from 6a-midnight, M-F, corporate system takes over at midnight.

bh

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 am
by bmw
bobhuge wrote: ↑Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:18 am Wish we could push more that way. :( You can always get the stream, though.
Did you ever get your broadcast power issues ironed out? Last time I checked (probably a few weeks ago) your signal seemed perhaps marginally better than it was last year in the Tawas area bust still not as good as when you first moved to your new tower a few years back.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:20 am
by borderboy653659200
Rip-Off Robert Ritchie ("Kid Rock" to his legions of dumb-a** groupies) wishes he could be a cowboy,but You-Know-Who beat him to it by 171/2 years!!!!!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:23 pm
by bobhuge
bmw wrote: ↑Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:11 am
bobhuge wrote: ↑Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:18 am Wish we could push more that way. :( You can always get the stream, though.
Did you ever get your broadcast power issues ironed out? Last time I checked (probably a few weeks ago) your signal seemed perhaps marginally better than it was last year in the Tawas area bust still not as good as when you first moved to your new tower a few years back.
Sorry for the delayed response. Travels.

We are still working on our power issues. The best answer I can say is the difference is the engineer then vs now, but we're moving forward.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:24 pm
by bobhuge
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:49 pm I've been listening to WIDL this evening and absolutely LOVE the playlist!!!

"Stop" by Jane's Addiction. Mr. Tinkertrain by Ozzy. Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth. Bound for the Floor by Local H. Also heard a deep track from Motley Crue and a pretty popular hit from Van Halen (cannot remember which song; sorry). Heard a very deep from the Black Crowes, too.

I like hearing ads for local mom & pop businesses read by LOCAL personalities. Everything sounded professionally produced and edited.

Consider me impressed. I will be listening to WIDL online much more often from this point forward. This is the type of radio I miss dearly!

WIDL plays a far better variety of "next generation" classic rock than 106.7 FAKE WHEELS.
Thanks for the props! We're always working to make things better, that's for sure. The music is a blast, I agree! We love the freedom we are being given for programming.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 am
by Mr.Transistor
If I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time on WLLZ , I'm going to kick 'em off my preset

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:09 am
by stopnswop2
Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 am If I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time on WLLZ , I'm going to kick 'em off my preset
Once a week is even too much for that song.
My 2 least favorite Queen songs are that and Under Pressure

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:03 am
by Mega Hertz
So...here we are. Nearly one year removed from the last post on this topic.

Granted, I haven't been listening to much in the way of music radio the last couple of weeks, where do people stand on this station? Since the last post, we still (in essence) have the same air staff, line up and music selection. One place I will give props is that Neil Peart retrospective back in January. I don't care that it was buried at 9pm on a Sunday night. Over an hour of Rush (most of which is considered deep cuts). One complaint is the Goddamn motherfucking MOTLEY CRUE and other assorted butt rock.

Where are you at on it?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:42 am
by lidoshuffle
Mr.Transistor wrote: ↑Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 am If I hear Bohemian Rhapsody one more time on WLLZ , I'm going to kick 'em off my preset
Easily one of the Top 10 most over-played songs in FM/Satellite Rock/Classic Rock formats history. If I started a Hall Of Fame of most overplayed tunes in Pop/Rock history, "Bohemian Rhapsody" would be a 1st ballot entry...

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:09 pm
by JLesinski
It blows. Too many overplayed safe songs. Tries to be all things to everybody. Sorry, but I dont want to hear The Doors followed by the one Soundgarden song they play. Its a mess.
Granted, I took them off my preset a few weeks ago but I imagine its still exactly like that. They could own this city with a better playlist and person choosing that list.