Page 34 of 44

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 am
by bobhuge
What I hope to be my parting shot on this topic, here's some of what we're playing this morning, 6-9 on WIDL. Like them or not (because you can't please everyone), they all used to be Active Rock.

Little Fighter - White Lion
Rumors in the Air - Night Ranger
Your Time is Gonna Come - Zep
Neighbor - Ugly Kid Joe
Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
Your Mam Don't Dance - Y&T
Mean Mistreater - Great White
You Take Me to the Top - Loverboy
Mama We're All Crazee Now - Slade
Sister Havana - Urge Overkill
Can I Sit Next to You - AC/DC
Ten Years Gone - Zep
Rock You Up - The Romantics
Johnny B Good - Judas Priest

You can continue to complain about what the new Wheels is or isn't doing, or you can just come to where it's already happening. :) Enjoy.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 am
by bjmcdevitt
On the Drew & Mike podcast, Drew is hinting a major announcement coming soon.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:01 pm
by stopnswop2
bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:17 am On the Drew & Mike podcast, Drew is hinting a major announcement coming soon.
Flipping to showtunes

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:50 pm
by Mega Hertz
I would like to credit Wheels for playing the segue of Brain Stew and Jaded by Green Day. That's how it was played upon release in late 1995/early 1996. WRIF now cuts off Jaded and only plays Brain Stew.

Ironically, original WLLZ used to play Geek Stink Breath every 5th song when Insomniac was released in October of 1995. So I'll give credit there.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm
by matt1
Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
by bjmcdevitt
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 am
by bobhuge
bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Well, I guess I finally got someone's attention. Maybe I'll go back and misspell or misname all of the songs on the list.

Just trying to help you people find a different source for the music you seem to be looking for, but would rather complain about.

Sheesh.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:56 am
by bjmcdevitt
bobhuge wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 am
bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Well, I guess I finally got someone's attention. Maybe I'll go back and misspell or misname all of the songs on the list.

Just trying to help you people find a different source for the music you seem to be looking for, but would rather complain about.

Sheesh.
Lighten up. No one was complaining.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:40 pm
by stopnswop2
bobhuge wrote: ↑Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 am
bjmcdevitt wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 pm
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
It's actually just called "Mistreater" and it's a completely different song.

https://youtu.be/iWUyrdBz-hk
Well, I guess I finally got someone's attention. Maybe I'll go back and misspell or misname all of the songs on the list.

Just trying to help you people find a different source for the music you seem to be looking for, but would rather complain about.

Sheesh.
Dude chill

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 pm
by Realist
I’ve listened to Bob's station, albeit staticky, while driving down Us 23 from Tawas to Augres. Heard Robert Plant’s “Tie die on the highway” for the first time in many years. Hell, I haven’t even heard it on SiriusXM. THAT’S the kind of classic rock variety I’d like to hear...

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:46 am
by bobhuge
Didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, I actually appreciate the correction. Thank you. :)

I should have put a laughing emoji on it, because I was laughing when I wrote it. I thought it was comical and seemingly appropriate that I'm trying to show people on this post that through the wonderful worldwide web that there are choices. The XM's, iHearts and the Cumulus of the world are NEVER going to listen to your complaints or suggestions. EVER. They have their formulas and the actual music that we all appreciate means nothing to them. I understand that. To them, it's all about trying to attract the largest, most diverse audience. Which makes sense and I understand.

However, I don't believe that works where we're located, and that's why we do what we do. We play local artists in the regular rotation. From what we're told by listeners before we opened up our catalog, people here are tired of the same songs day in and day out. Sure, we don't have the best on air staff and maybe we sound kind of hokey at times, but our primary mission is getting info out to the community in which we live. The next thing we do is provide music that make people say "wow," or at least we hope.

Overall, I guess good luck complaining and suggesting what WLLZ should do... or welcome aboard and enjoy. ;) 34ALL Thursday is today. :)

@Realist - Thank you! That's EXACTLY what we're trying to do. :) The app is under "WIDL" on android, or go to rdo.to/WIDL on PC or iDevices.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:01 am
by bobhuge
BTW, other fun things you won't hear on the big boys: Saturday at 8pm, The Arena Parking Lot (A live concert or concert album played in it's entirety), at 10pm, The Hairball John and Friends Radio Show (80's & 90's hair metal, with interviews and commentary) and on Sundays at 9am The Acoustic Storm (Classic rock acoustic style)

Those are my shameless plugs, but it's radio you may want to experience.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:44 am
by FET-500
matt1 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:34 pm Great White's "Mean Mistreater", is that the remake of Grand Funk Railroad 1970 song??
They did fairly well with an Ian Hunter song before the pyro crew became mass-murderers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSmYx0kg7bc

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:54 am
by Mega Hertz
bobhuge wrote: ↑Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:39 am What I hope to be my parting shot on this topic, here's some of what we're playing this morning, 6-9 on WIDL. Like them or not (because you can't please everyone), they all used to be Active Rock.

Little Fighter - White Lion
Rumors in the Air - Night Ranger
Your Time is Gonna Come - Zep
Neighbor - Ugly Kid Joe
Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
Your Mam Don't Dance - Y&T
Mean Mistreater - Great White
You Take Me to the Top - Loverboy
Mama We're All Crazee Now - Slade
Sister Havana - Urge Overkill
Can I Sit Next to You - AC/DC
Ten Years Gone - Zep
Rock You Up - The Romantics
Johnny B Good - Judas Priest

You can continue to complain about what the new Wheels is or isn't doing, or you can just come to where it's already happening. :) Enjoy.
Hey man, any station playing Sister Havana can't be bad. Bummer is, 92.1 by me is that Fool FM that MW speaks SO highly of lol. Send a little more juice towards Brughton!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:51 pm
by stopnswop2
Why does nobody play "Kick It Out" by Heart ?