Page 31 of 44

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:28 pm
by Deleted User 14935
Mega, WLLZ 98.7 also played those same artists that you mentioned WRIF played in that era as well. Those artists were considered AOR in the 80’s.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:43 pm
by Mega Hertz
Oh yeah, I know. I have many aircheck videos and listened to rock radio religiously in the late 80s and early 90s.

I remember a dead air dream where ZZ Top's "Eliminator" was the only CD available and I couldn't reach it to put it in the CD player lol

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm
by borderboy653659200
I used to dream of pulling Dusty Hill's and Billy Gibbons' beards ,but it always ended with ( ironically beardless ) Frank Beard's beating me up !!!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 am
by fuzzpower
It seems every time I tune it, I hear The Doors. So the next generation is a 50+ year old song? I actually like some of the group’s music, but it’s hardly next generation.

This sounds like the Drive or the D or whatever they tried years back, except with local jocks.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:19 pm
by Mega Hertz
Kim Mitchell "Go For a Soda"????


AW HELL YEAH!!!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm
by Deleted User 14935
Who played Kim Mitchell?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 pm
by Mega Hertz
106.7 did! I don't think I've ever heard that on American FM radio!

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:55 am
by stopnswop2
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:36 pm 106.7 did! I don't think I've ever heard that on American FM radio!
Wow, this was the LAST place I would expect to hear him.
Did any of his songs even chart outside of Canada?

I loove Patio Lanterns.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:55 am
by stopnswop2
Wait was that an April Fools day joke ?

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:06 am
by Mega Hertz
Nope. It was the "Deep Track of the Day". Definitely not a full time rotation song, but just enough to crank the dial and go "no shit!".

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:37 am
by windsor
Anyone get their Wheelz stickers yet???

Sent for mine and still havent come........hello Cody Trombley :wink:

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 am
by Deleted User 14935
I don’t want a Fake Wheels sticker, And it wouldn’t look cool on a 2019 Lincoln. And besides the Wife would kill me if I put on the car.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:57 am
by windsor
I will tell you though, I listned yesterday starting at the end of Trudi's shift into the Doc's bc I wanted to hear the 420 deep cut of the day.And I liked what I heard the playlist flowed nicely and rocked.I like the deep cuts segment alot of tunes to choose from for this one.They seem to have tweaked the playlist from the first week of signing on the new format.Glad to hear no Billy Joel !!!! :barf

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:27 pm
by Colonel Flagg
Both WLLZ and WRIF played "Go For Soda" when it was released, summer '85.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:00 pm
by Deleted User 14935
And WLLZ 98.7 Also played The Payolas “Eyes Of A Stranger” in 1982.