Page 29 of 44
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:53 am
by Deleted User 14935
I hope they fail right out of the gate, I was part of the Original Wheels the first 2 years 1980-1982 and it was one of the greatest events in Detroit radio history in 1980 When WLLZ started , We at that station did the first 3 months commercial-free and it had people on the streets talking and in the radio community as well.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 am
by windsor
As the old cliche goes Steve..........."you can't go home again"
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:59 am
by Deleted User 14935
You got it!
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:46 pm
by Colonel Flagg
windsor wrote: ↑Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:58 am
As the old cliche goes Steve..........."you can't go home again"
Especially if you were never there in the first place. The manure in here is getting deeper with every post.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:16 pm
by Deleted User 14935
It is terrible. No presets on that one.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am
by borderboy653659200
While vainly searching for the Pistons-Suns game on 104.1,I heard "Jamie's Crying" by Van Halen,one of my all-time faves on new WLLZ .(Of course,my BFF is Jamie Logsdon .) If new Wheels keeps playing songs this good,it'll have no problems with listenership .
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 pm
by matt1
On April 1 of this year in 2019, WILZ (104.5 FM) in Saginaw, MI ("Classic Rock That Really Rocks") will mark it's 20th Anniversary on the air!!
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:47 pm
by Mega Hertz
MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:24 pm
WLLZ wouldn't know good Van Halen material if it bit them in the ass.
Why not play "Poundcake" instead?
THANK. YOU.
I much prefer the Sammy stuff to the Dave stuff, but I get the DLR era is more popular. I guess "shoobadoowopda" is more popular.
Love me some 5150.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm
by sfpcc
I have as one of my presets. Right now I would give the station an Meh rating. I miss the a lot of the 70's stuff that has seemed to have gone away.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:05 pm
by Deleted User 14935
This is the “Future Generation of Classic Shit 106.7”
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm
by borderboy653659200
The original Skynrd members died so long ago ( Oct.20,1977,when I was attending St. Clair College here in Windsor ),that I and other black men were still about eight months away from being permitted the Mormon priesthood,which occurred June 9,1978, the day after my father's 65th birthday,and the day Larry Holmes decisioned Ken Norton to win the World Boxing Council Heavyweight Title .