Page 23 of 44
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:26 pm
by borderboy653659200
Boys (at least I believe we're all boys on this thread),I just heard the Romantics' "Talking In Your Sleep," a vastly underrated song in a drug store I briefly visited as I was bopping over to our Downtown Library . That's one song,along with the Detroiters' other tunes,that should be played much more often,if it isn't already .
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:30 pm
by stopnswop2
WOMC and WCSX love to overplay that one cowboy.
Before that it was Doug FM.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 pm
by borderboy653659200
Sorry about that,stopnswop2,though I'm a big Romantics fan .
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:55 pm
by Deleted User 14935
Always You Tube, The New Radio for the New Generation! Well it’s better then WLLZ The Next Generation Of Classic Rock, Don’t you think?
Actually it should be YouTube “The New Radio For All Generations”
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:58 pm
by Mega Hertz
Grind came up on my iPod earlier, too.
I think it's a tie between Jar of Flies and Tripod for my favorite AIC album, but I love them all.
I noted the Creed songs earlier, and I would keep it limited to the three mentioned...before they got all preachy and annoying.
Buckcherry's "Lit Up" might be another good choice.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:00 pm
by Mega Hertz
Speaking of preachy bands, two Nickelback songs come to mind. Breathe and Old Enough. It was the following album I got to hate them.
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 pm
by Mega Hertz
Love S/T!
INSTITUTION! Love that album. Think I'll go spin it! Good suggestion!
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:16 pm
by Deleted User 8570
It’s not a bad song...
But it’s not really memorable or terribly catchy... it just sort of exists. You wouldn’t walk down the street humming or sit there singing along with it like a zombie.... That is the #1 reason I think 90’s music is not on the radio more.... it just wasn’t very memorable stuff... there were a few diamonds in the rough but there was about a 10 year period (say 88-98 or so) when music was just not as good as it had been the previous couple of decades... the 80’s and 90’s are big now but notice that nobody seems to give two shits about the music from the 90’s... just everything else is cool...
Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:44 pm
by Mega Hertz
Oh, Idk about that...the 90s are probably my most represented decade in music in my collection (fitting, since I came of age then). But the YEAR most represented in my music collection is 1986. Figure THAT out.
Between the albums, 45s, CDs, tapes and digital library...I am what you would call a program director's worst nightmare. You could go DAYS on end with no repeats. Plus, I'm a sucker for a good melody. Where else could you hear "In the Meantime" by Spacehog followed by "Friends and Strangers" by Ronnie Laws back to back?
