All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron and SW Ontario
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Played that tune a lot in my radio days. Windsor you bring back memories!
Mega Hertz
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Mega Hertz »

windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:56 pm
Mega Hertz wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:28 pm I was gonna warn ya...this is NOT going to be a deep tracks format. So don't be expecting it. You MIGHT get a surprise now and again but don't expect Touch and 707 cuts.
Or Shooting Star cuts.......lol. :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5BqpvcWuyo


For the folks that dont know what Im talking about............ :rollin
If I don't get some Frank Marino or Steel Breeze, there's gonna be hell to pay!!!
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

I used to play at the real WLLZ in 1981, Sammy Hagar The entire LP “ Danger Zone” where’s that stuff, Come on Podell do More Early 80’s when WLLZ was young.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm Played that tune a lot in my radio days. Windsor you bring back memories!
I was around for the original flip from WBFG remember............great times Steve for sure.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

The Doc of Rock on at 3pm if anyone is interested in hearing him spin the rock instead of country...........
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm Played that tune a lot in my radio days. Windsor you bring back memories!
I was around for the original flip from WBFG remember............great times Steve for sure.
Those were the days my friend, I was there until the summer of ‘82 and left for a gig at WLBS 102.7. Which was a great gig as well, And The Ladies OMG!
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

:D Hey Podell, Play some 707 “I could Be Good For You”, Some Hagar, The Kings “Switching to Glide” and Split Enz “I Got You” If your bringing back my station then play the music WLLZ was founded on.
Last edited by Deleted User 14935 on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 pm
windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm Played that tune a lot in my radio days. Windsor you bring back memories!
I was around for the original flip from WBFG remember............great times Steve for sure.
Those were the days my friend, I was there until the summer of ‘82 and left for a gig at WLBS 102.7. Which was a great gig as well, And The Ladies OMG!
Was that when 102.7 flipped to Oldies Kiss FM????
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

I was just thinking what irony........the original Detroit's Wheelz made AOR 106fmW4 flip to country and its calls are now resurrected on that same freq.

......and the Doc worked at W4 when it flipped....wow!!!!
Last edited by windsor on Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:52 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 pm
windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm Played that tune a lot in my radio days. Windsor you bring back memories!
I was around for the original flip from WBFG remember............great times Steve for sure.
Those were the days my friend, I was there until the summer of ‘82 and left for a gig at WLBS 102.7. Which was a great gig as well, And The Ladies OMG!
Was that when 102.7 flipped to Oldies Kiss FM????
No, When I was there in ‘82 it was Disco and then went to a New Wave Format In ‘83 and in August of ‘84 they fired everyone me included and temporarily went Top 40 as B-103 and in the Fall Of ‘84 became WKSG 102.7 with Paul Christy running the station as Oldies 102.7 .
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:01 pm
windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:52 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:44 pm
windsor wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:33 pm
Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm Played that tune a lot in my radio days. Windsor you bring back memories!
I was around for the original flip from WBFG remember............great times Steve for sure.
Those were the days my friend, I was there until the summer of ‘82 and left for a gig at WLBS 102.7. Which was a great gig as well, And The Ladies OMG!
Was that when 102.7 flipped to Oldies Kiss FM????
No, When I was there in ‘82 it was Disco and then went to a New Wave Format In ‘83 and in August of ‘84 they fired everyone me included and temporarily went Top 40 as B-103 and in the Fall Of ‘84 became WKSG 102.7 with Paul Christy running the station as Oldies 102.7 .
Ok nice.....yes remember urban WLBS and its sister station WBLS NYC then flip to new wave I think Mike Halloran was the PD there.
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Loved Mike a definite legend, I was offered to go with him back to L.A. but I already Had inked a contract with WXRT in Chicago for 3 Years and my first Wife didn’t really want to leave to go live on the West Coast So we stay in this part of the country.
User avatar
windsor
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:27 pm
Location: In OZZy"s BoneYard.....

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by windsor »

Steve Korvette wrote: ↑Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:15 pm Loved Mike a definite legend, I was offered to go with him back to L.A. but I already Had inked a contract with WXRT in Chicago for 3 Years and my first Wife didn’t really want to leave to go live on the West Coast So we stay in this part of the country.
Mike sure loved that new wave/alternative music I remember hearing him on WLLZ after the 102.7 gig playing judas Priest and i winced for him myself and could feel his displeasure of even saying judas Priest, lol.

My good friend Mark MacCabe his sister married Mike, dont know if theyre even still together.

Thx for the conversation ......... :D
Deleted User 14935

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by Deleted User 14935 »

Don’t know haven’t talked to Mike for years lost track of him after WLBS, After WXRT From ‘84-‘87 I moved to Seattle to work at KJR AM and FM, I worked at the AM and my First Wife worked at The FM. Getting back to WLBS that was the first station in Detroit to introduce New Wave or Alternative to the Motor City, It was a Great experience and I loved the music from that era, I have tons of New Wave Music in my collection LP’s And CD’s.
audiophile
Posts: 9556
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Between 88 and 108 MHz.

Re: 106.7 WLLZ: Detroit's Wheels (Classic Rock) is here

Unread post by audiophile »

I don't like it. Only song I really liked was by Tom Petty.
Psalm 139:13 ~ For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Jeremiah 1:5 ~ "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you;

Exodus 20:13 ~ “You shall not murder."
Post Reply