All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms

Thank you!

YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

A place to discuss broadband, streaming video, cable, and satellite services (not programming). Bitch about your crappy cable, satellite or streaming video provider here! This is also the place to talk about channel line-ups, packages, and special offers.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9660
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

The cost is now $20.99 per month to guarantee to skip all commercials. The only other option is YouTube premium lite for $11.99 which skips most commercials.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
MegaHertz
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MegaHertz »

When does this start? My last cycle was only $15.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
MWmetalhead
Posts: 5732
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MWmetalhead »

I have lite and was just billed $8.99. I think there was a promo price offer when I enrolled several months back.

Much more irritating to me is the $82.99 a month price for YTTV's base plan. I've not found any service with better pricing with the channels I like, though. I'm keeping my eyes open for retention discounts and credit card cash back discounts.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.

Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 15160
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by TC Talks »

I believe there is a discount if you are a content creator. Upload a few videos and save.
283,000,000 Americans didn't vote for Trump.

Ask me about my tap water.

Posting Content © 2026 TC Talks Holdings LP.
GrahamWellington
Posts: 757
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2024 4:49 pm

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by GrahamWellington »

YouTube Premium is a "perk" that can be subscribed to if you have Verizon. I pay $12/month for it through them.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9660
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

MegaHertz wrote: ↑Sun Sep 13, 2026 8:27 am When does this start? My last cycle was only $15.
Your rate may be grandfathered. I noticed the change September 1st.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
MegaHertz
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MegaHertz »

I just checked my bank account. YT premium only charged me 15.99

I'm pretty sure it was 9.99 when I bought it a few years ago.

Apparently Disney is going up to 30, but Idk the truth on that. My wife told me the other day but isn't sure if it involves Hulu packaging.

She said between our streaming services, we may as well just get cable again. I don't think it's quite THAT pricey, but the advantage is still that I get to watch what I want when I want.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
User avatar
MotorCityRadioFreak
Posts: 9660
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
Location: Warren, MI

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MotorCityRadioFreak »

MegaHertz wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:40 am I just checked my bank account. YT premium only charged me 15.99

I'm pretty sure it was 9.99 when I bought it a few years ago.

Apparently Disney is going up to 30, but Idk the truth on that. My wife told me the other day but isn't sure if it involves Hulu packaging.

She said between our streaming services, we may as well just get cable again. I don't think it's quite THAT pricey, but the advantage is still that I get to watch what I want when I want.
Grandfathered doesn't mean a 1 month reprieve. They probably reward loyalty as well.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!

"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
MegaHertz
Posts: 2148
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2024 5:31 pm

Re: YouTube Premium Screws Its Customers

Unread post by MegaHertz »

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote: ↑Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:19 am
MegaHertz wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:40 am I just checked my bank account. YT premium only charged me 15.99

I'm pretty sure it was 9.99 when I bought it a few years ago.

Apparently Disney is going up to 30, but Idk the truth on that. My wife told me the other day but isn't sure if it involves Hulu packaging.

She said between our streaming services, we may as well just get cable again. I don't think it's quite THAT pricey, but the advantage is still that I get to watch what I want when I want.
Grandfathered doesn't mean a 1 month reprieve. They probably reward loyalty as well.
I had to see it for myself to believe it. "Grandfathered in" is kind of racist 😉😁🤣
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
Post Reply