All accepted new registrations through 11:00p ET on September 26 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
MLB Playoffs!
- MotorCityRadioFreak
- Posts: 9622
- Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:26 am
- Location: Warren, MI
MLB Playoffs!
I guess the rule about teams playing division rivals in the first round is gone. Atlanta faces the Phils at home, and Boston travels to play the Stankees. Should be interesting.
They/them, non-binary and proud.
NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!
"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
NEVER EVER COMPLY WITH FASCISM!!!
"MCRF is now and will always be welcome here."-zzand. Fly high, zzand. Fly high.
Re: MLB Playoffs!
The AL only had 6 teams with .500 or better records. Those are the playoff teams.
Re: MLB Playoffs!
First time in a full season a .500 team makes the playoffs.
Re: MLB Playoffs!
For me, there are just too many games to really enjoy the postseason. The last few years, I've been watching 50-year old YouTube videos of postseason games. Those videos take me back to when only the best of the best got into the postseason, and also when, as a teenager, my enthusiasm for the game was at its peak. I'm looking forward to a replay of the final game of the 1976 ALCS, when Chris Chambliss hit a walk-off home run to win the series, and madness erupted in Yankee Stadium.
But if I sound too much like an old-timer, I will watch a World Series that matches up Tampa Bay and Milwaukee, two franchises that have never won a World Series.
But if I sound too much like an old-timer, I will watch a World Series that matches up Tampa Bay and Milwaukee, two franchises that have never won a World Series.
Re: MLB Playoffs!
LOL, I was just looking at some predictions and saw a couple TB-MILW, which makes sense since they had the 2 best records. But my first thought is what a national ratings disaster that would be.Bobbertt wrote: ↑Mon Sep 28, 2026 10:46 am For me, there are just too many games to really enjoy the postseason. The last few years, I've been watching 50-year old YouTube videos of postseason games. Those videos take me back to when only the best of the best got into the postseason, and also when, as a teenager, my enthusiasm for the game was at its peak. I'm looking forward to a replay of the final game of the 1976 ALCS, when Chris Chambliss hit a walk-off home run to win the series, and madness erupted in Yankee Stadium.
But if I sound too much like an old-timer, I will watch a World Series that matches up Tampa Bay and Milwaukee, two franchises that have never won a World Series.
The censorship king from out of state.
Dickish and right.
Dickish and right.
- Bull Shannon
- Posts: 555
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:31 pm
Re: MLB Playoffs!
I'd like to see either Tampa Bay-Milwaukee or a Windy City World Series.
- moldyoldie
- Posts: 3681
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
- Location: On that thar' interweb jobber
Re: MLB Playoffs!
Casey Mize is on the IL again, this time with an ankle sprain, so he won't be seen in the Padres first series.
It may be for the best as he was getting lit up in a few starts. His ERA for the Padres was just under 8.00.
It may be for the best as he was getting lit up in a few starts. His ERA for the Padres was just under 8.00.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris
- Sydney J. Harris
Re: MLB Playoffs!
Matthew Boyd is starting game one for the Cubs. First playoff game for the Cubs in San Diego since the 1984 NLCS, which didnt go well for Chicago.
Re: MLB Playoffs!
Didn't fare well for the Padres, either.
Tigers did pretty good that year.
This year, they get to sit at home and watch.
Tigers did pretty good that year.
This year, they get to sit at home and watch.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
- moldyoldie
- Posts: 3681
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
- Location: On that thar' interweb jobber
Re: MLB Playoffs!
I never forgave the Cubbies for blowing that '84 series. Imagine, a Tigers/Cubs World Series. [sigh]
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris
- Sydney J. Harris
Re: MLB Playoffs!
Yankees and Red Sox are in primetime. Shocking.
- moldyoldie
- Posts: 3681
- Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:04 am
- Location: On that thar' interweb jobber
Re: MLB Playoffs!
Braves over Phillies 5-3 in Game 1 on an eighth inning three-run dinger.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris
- Sydney J. Harris