All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
WQUS
-
radio_sparty
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:25 pm
WQUS
Looks like 103.1 is changing formats. I'm going to assume they join the "97.1 Detroit Sports Network".
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/netg ... ence-more/
This however won't change the signal issues with this station due to encroaching translators.
EDIT: 1031TheTicket.com redirects to a Townsquare site.
https://production.townsquareblogs.com/ ... ticket.com
There are areas of Flint where 97.1 will come in better than 103.1, and the Thumb communities of Caro, Sandusky, and Port Huron all have Tigers affiliates. I'm failing to see the point of this other than to prop up the network's station count.
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/netg ... ence-more/
This however won't change the signal issues with this station due to encroaching translators.
EDIT: 1031TheTicket.com redirects to a Townsquare site.
https://production.townsquareblogs.com/ ... ticket.com
There are areas of Flint where 97.1 will come in better than 103.1, and the Thumb communities of Caro, Sandusky, and Port Huron all have Tigers affiliates. I'm failing to see the point of this other than to prop up the network's station count.
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5721
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: WQUS
103.1's current format is a throwaway format, so I see no harm in this move.
I was actually expecting 103.1 to be part of the network at launch.
97.1 struggles in some places east of Flint reception wise. It's also very weak in the Clio area.
Also, by flipping 103.1 and not 93.7, Townsquare can probably air the full slate of PBP except perhaps the Lions. That's because encroachment into the Saginaw - Bay City - Midland market won't be an issue.
While WQUS reaches western St. Clair county fine, this move won't help Port Huron and Ft. Gratiot Township. WBTI walks all over 97.1 on many radios in that area, and 103.1 is simply too weak to be heard there.
It's interesting that Townsquare has never tried (to my knowledge) raising 103.1's ERP from 2600 watts to 5200 watts. WGDN-FM must be too close.
I was actually expecting 103.1 to be part of the network at launch.
97.1 struggles in some places east of Flint reception wise. It's also very weak in the Clio area.
Also, by flipping 103.1 and not 93.7, Townsquare can probably air the full slate of PBP except perhaps the Lions. That's because encroachment into the Saginaw - Bay City - Midland market won't be an issue.
While WQUS reaches western St. Clair county fine, this move won't help Port Huron and Ft. Gratiot Township. WBTI walks all over 97.1 on many radios in that area, and 103.1 is simply too weak to be heard there.
It's interesting that Townsquare has never tried (to my knowledge) raising 103.1's ERP from 2600 watts to 5200 watts. WGDN-FM must be too close.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
-
ChrisWL1980
- Posts: 1248
- Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am
Re: WQUS
I would assume this means WCRZ-HD2, which simulcasts WQUS, will also flip. So listeners who happen to have HD radio in their cars or whatever (I imagine few if any have standalone HD receivers) will have an option.
-
radio_sparty
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:25 pm
Re: WQUS
Point taken. My questions is why didn't this happen in December with the rest of the announcments?MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2026 5:30 pm 103.1's current format is a throwaway format, so I see no harm in this move.
I was actually expecting 103.1 to be part of the network at launch.
We've seen PBP rights taken away in both Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids. If Townsqure had put the sports format on, lets say WRCL, why wouldn't the same happen for the Flint/Tri Cities market?MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Sun May 31, 2026 5:30 pm Also, by flipping 103.1 and not 93.7, Townsquare can probably air the full slate of PBP except perhaps the Lions. That's because encroachment into the Saginaw - Bay City - Midland market won't be an issue.
I believe WQUS airs both Flint Firebirds hockey and Lapeer Lightning football. Will this remain in tact under the new format?
- craigrussell100
- Posts: 156
- Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:22 am
- Location: Humboldt, Iowa
Re: WQUS
When you go to US 103.1 online, they have a listing of their "DJ's"...like all TSQ stations do...except when you go there now, after the list of local-ish jocks (2 if Im not mistaken) and the National TSQ Voice trackers, there's the typical "logo fill in" for the times when no one is actually on (I'd guess overnights at the least) but now all the people from the Ticket (Jim Costa, Jon Jansen, Heather Park, Karsch and Andersen, etc) are all listed...so that seems to cement it.
You like corn?
Re: WQUS
US 103? I used to pick that up frequency frequently in Sterling Heights prior to HD radio. Classic rock/hits? I'll be damned.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-
radionightmare
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:17 pm
Re: WQUS
It looks like no one told the intern that handles their Facebook page
Re: WQUS
https://radioinsight.com/headlines/3552 ... t-network/
https://1031theticket.com/
Looks like its officially sports now. Live stream is online too and it's 97.1 sports simulcast from what I can tell
https://1031theticket.com/
Looks like its officially sports now. Live stream is online too and it's 97.1 sports simulcast from what I can tell
Re: WQUS
I was out by the former Palace today and thought I'd be in range. Nope. Fucking relevant radio.
Whatever. I tried.
Whatever. I tried.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
Re: WQUS
I know. That translator really screws with my DXing especially since its only a few miles away. But a few weeks ago there was a power outage and Relevant radio's 103.1 was off air and I believe I could faintly get WQUS in Rochester Hills, unless it was something else. I was up that way yesterday (not in a great signal area for 103.1 but could maybe get the WCRZ 107.9 HD2 simulcast) and forgot to check it out.
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5721
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: WQUS
On Lapeer Rd, one has to get to at least Oxford to get a clean signal from WQUS thanks to the Relevant Radio translator in Rochester Hills. Even in Lake Orion, where WQUS used to be heard clearly with relative ease, it's a mix of the two stations.
I suspect reception of WQUS near Romeo is every bit as problematic as near Lake Orion.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Re: WQUS
I'm heading out to Almont this morning, I have to assume that will be better reception.MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 11:02 pmOn Lapeer Rd, one has to get to at least Oxford to get a clean signal from WQUS thanks to the Relevant Radio translator in Rochester Hills. Even in Lake Orion, where WQUS used to be heard clearly with relative ease, it's a mix of the two stations.
I suspect reception of WQUS near Romeo is every bit as problematic as near Lake Orion.
It used to float down Macomb county all the way in to Sterling Heights back when. It was even a preset. But that was also back when I was satisfied with what was offered on FM radio.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
Re: WQUS
I had no idea there was one right there. I'm over how jammed the dial is this these translators and repeaters.hb2 wrote: ↑Tue Jun 02, 2026 10:33 pmI know. That translator really screws with my DXing especially since its only a few miles away. But a few weeks ago there was a power outage and Relevant radio's 103.1 was off air and I believe I could faintly get WQUS in Rochester Hills, unless it was something else. I was up that way yesterday (not in a great signal area for 103.1 but could maybe get the WCRZ 107.9 HD2 simulcast) and forgot to check it out.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
Re: WQUS
Well I'll be damned.
I have to say that the audio on 103.1 sounds more alive than 97.1, but they probably still have the music settings and could still be in stereo. 97.1 has been flat and in mono for years.
I'm noticing a few promos and spots for the local area.
I also thought they were dropping 97-1 from on air?
I have to say that the audio on 103.1 sounds more alive than 97.1, but they probably still have the music settings and could still be in stereo. 97.1 has been flat and in mono for years.
I'm noticing a few promos and spots for the local area.
I also thought they were dropping 97-1 from on air?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
