All accepted new registrations through 11:59p ET on October 3 have been activated. Accepted new registrations in the queue are activated on a weekly basis each Saturday. Terms of use are available here: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/ucp.php?mode=terms
Thank you!
Thank you!
LAV Comes Up Short
-
NeumannU87
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue May 02, 2023 8:56 pm
LAV Comes Up Short
I rarely listen to LAV anymore, but happened upon it twice today. Both times I heard edited versions of TWO classic tunes: Money from Pink Floyd and Pink Houses from John Mellencamp. Call me crazy but a Classic Rock station should NEVER play edited versions.
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
Sorry, man. I had to edit quite a few classics back in 2011 for another classic rock station. I don't remember the exact reason why, but songs like Jet Airliner, Mama Kin and the aforementioned Money had to be cleaned up.NeumannU87 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:11 am I rarely listen to LAV anymore, but happened upon it twice today. Both times I heard edited versions of TWO classic tunes: Money from Pink Floyd and Pink Houses from John Mellencamp. Call me crazy but a Classic Rock station should NEVER play edited versions.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
- teetoppz28
- Posts: 1970
- Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
One of my biggest musical pet peeves is when stations shorten Slash's guitar solo on Sweet Child O' Mine... It sets off my OCD when they jump edit the first part of the solo outMegaHertz wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 5:32 amSorry, man. I had to edit quite a few classics back in 2011 for another classic rock station. I don't remember the exact reason why, but songs like Jet Airliner, Mama Kin and the aforementioned Money had to be cleaned up.NeumannU87 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:11 am I rarely listen to LAV anymore, but happened upon it twice today. Both times I heard edited versions of TWO classic tunes: Money from Pink Floyd and Pink Houses from John Mellencamp. Call me crazy but a Classic Rock station should NEVER play edited versions.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts (where DID they all go??).
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
That and the epic ending to November rain.teetoppz28 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:38 pmOne of my biggest musical pet peeves is when stations shorten Slash's guitar solo on Sweet Child O' Mine... It sets off my OCD when they jump edit the first part of the solo outMegaHertz wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 5:32 amSorry, man. I had to edit quite a few classics back in 2011 for another classic rock station. I don't remember the exact reason why, but songs like Jet Airliner, Mama Kin and the aforementioned Money had to be cleaned up.NeumannU87 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:11 am I rarely listen to LAV anymore, but happened upon it twice today. Both times I heard edited versions of TWO classic tunes: Money from Pink Floyd and Pink Houses from John Mellencamp. Call me crazy but a Classic Rock station should NEVER play edited versions.![]()
- teetoppz28
- Posts: 1970
- Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
110%48125er wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 3:47 pmThat and the epic ending to November rain.teetoppz28 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:38 pmOne of my biggest musical pet peeves is when stations shorten Slash's guitar solo on Sweet Child O' Mine... It sets off my OCD when they jump edit the first part of the solo outMegaHertz wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 5:32 amSorry, man. I had to edit quite a few classics back in 2011 for another classic rock station. I don't remember the exact reason why, but songs like Jet Airliner, Mama Kin and the aforementioned Money had to be cleaned up.NeumannU87 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 12:11 am I rarely listen to LAV anymore, but happened upon it twice today. Both times I heard edited versions of TWO classic tunes: Money from Pink Floyd and Pink Houses from John Mellencamp. Call me crazy but a Classic Rock station should NEVER play edited versions.![]()
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts (where DID they all go??).
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5730
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
WLAV thinks "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey deserves daily spins. I cringe whenever I hear that song.
Detroit's WCSX doesn't even sound as crusty as WLAV these days.
That said, WLAV's male demo ratings likely remain strong. Tough to argue with success. The flip of WFGR to Sports, the ensuing listener confusion, and the fact 100.5's Classic Hits format skews AC are all factors that should help WLAV.
Detroit's WCSX doesn't even sound as crusty as WLAV these days.
That said, WLAV's male demo ratings likely remain strong. Tough to argue with success. The flip of WFGR to Sports, the ensuing listener confusion, and the fact 100.5's Classic Hits format skews AC are all factors that should help WLAV.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
-
originalzzmfmjock
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:37 pm
- Location: west michigan
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
Wheel in the Sky by Journey was a "stiff". Nobody in Grand Rapids played the song when it was out in 1978. The station that plays almost all the short versions in 101.3. If they bill themselves as a "classic hits" station, they should be playing the long versions not the made for AM radio top 40 short versions. Especially in Grand Rapids where all the action in the 70's was on FM. GRD/ZZM/LAV-FM all played the album versions of the hits, not the Top 40 versions.
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
I thought classic rock was the AOR "album version" format, whereas classic hits was the top 40/single version format?
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-
GrahamWellington
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2024 4:49 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
The last couple hours on WLAV:MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 5:05 pm WLAV thinks "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey deserves daily spins. I cringe whenever I hear that song.
Detroit's WCSX doesn't even sound as crusty as WLAV these days.
That said, WLAV's male demo ratings likely remain strong. Tough to argue with success. The flip of WFGR to Sports, the ensuing listener confusion, and the fact 100.5's Classic Hits format skews AC are all factors that should help WLAV.
Live Pink Floyd - Mother
18:55 Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
18:51 The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
18:45 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves
18:33 Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
18:27 Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
18:23 AC/DC - Have A Drink On Me
18:17 Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
18:07 Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
18:02 Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
17:59 Loverboy - Working For The Weekend
17:55 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
17:51 Journey - Any Way You Want It
17:39 Rush - Tom Sawyer
17:35 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
17:26 Foghat - Slow Ride
17:22 Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Learning To Fly
17:11 Pat Benatar - We Belong
17:06 Styx - Come Sail Away
17:00 Don Henley - Dirty Laundry
16:56 Foreigner - Double Vision
16:51 Van Halen - I'll Wait
16:48 Nazareth - Love Hurts
A bunch of overplay, literal shit. This is the same exact playlist they had 30 years ago. Thanks to AI, the average age of these songs all together is 46 years old.
- teetoppz28
- Posts: 1970
- Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:01 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
Who is listening to this playlist other than those who are vying for their stepdaughter’s attention??GrahamWellington wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 7:23 pmThe last couple hours on WLAV:MWmetalhead wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 5:05 pm WLAV thinks "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey deserves daily spins. I cringe whenever I hear that song.
Detroit's WCSX doesn't even sound as crusty as WLAV these days.
That said, WLAV's male demo ratings likely remain strong. Tough to argue with success. The flip of WFGR to Sports, the ensuing listener confusion, and the fact 100.5's Classic Hits format skews AC are all factors that should help WLAV.
Live Pink Floyd - Mother
18:55 Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
18:51 The Police - Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic
18:45 Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Night Moves
18:33 Talking Heads - Burning Down The House
18:27 Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell
18:23 AC/DC - Have A Drink On Me
18:17 Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
18:07 Dire Straits - Money For Nothing
18:02 Led Zeppelin - Ramble On
17:59 Loverboy - Working For The Weekend
17:55 Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart
17:51 Journey - Any Way You Want It
17:39 Rush - Tom Sawyer
17:35 Fleetwood Mac - The Chain
17:26 Foghat - Slow Ride
17:22 Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers - Learning To Fly
17:11 Pat Benatar - We Belong
17:06 Styx - Come Sail Away
17:00 Don Henley - Dirty Laundry
16:56 Foreigner - Double Vision
16:51 Van Halen - I'll Wait
16:48 Nazareth - Love Hurts
A bunch of overplay, literal shit. This is the same exact playlist they had 30 years ago. Thanks to AI, the average age of these songs all together is 46 years old.
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts (where DID they all go??).
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.
-
MWmetalhead
- Posts: 5730
- Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2024 6:59 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
Come Sail Away is a top 5 all-time most disliked classic rock song for me.
LAV loves that Foghat song.
That log is by no means terrible, it just includes a lot of grampa music.
LAV was at its best in the early 2000s. They weren't afraid to play recent songs from artists such as Kenny Wayne Shepard and Jonny Lang.
LAV loves that Foghat song.
That log is by no means terrible, it just includes a lot of grampa music.
LAV was at its best in the early 2000s. They weren't afraid to play recent songs from artists such as Kenny Wayne Shepard and Jonny Lang.
Flock Cameras violate the Fourth Amendment, are prone to inaccuracy, are prone to misuse, and are prone to hacking.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
Mike Rogers is a whore for big pharma.
-
GrahamWellington
- Posts: 757
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2024 4:49 pm
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
Dirty Laundry is definitely top 5 shittiest classic rock song for me. But really, this whole list is pretty revolting.
Lots of Grandpa rock for sure. As I've said before though, Oldies stations were blown up 25 years ago because the music attracted too old of a demographic that supposedly couldn't be sold. The songs in question were primarily at that point 1964-1969 (32-37 years old at that point). So why is WLAV still rocking a median age of songs pushing 50 years old? Is there really a H*** demographic of people under 60 years old clamoring for the same Styx, Kansas, and Yes garbage they have heard their entire lives?
Lots of Grandpa rock for sure. As I've said before though, Oldies stations were blown up 25 years ago because the music attracted too old of a demographic that supposedly couldn't be sold. The songs in question were primarily at that point 1964-1969 (32-37 years old at that point). So why is WLAV still rocking a median age of songs pushing 50 years old? Is there really a H*** demographic of people under 60 years old clamoring for the same Styx, Kansas, and Yes garbage they have heard their entire lives?
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
That list is so boring I take it when the Xanax won't put me to sleep.
Foreigner. Lol. Fucking Foreigner.
Foreigner. Lol. Fucking Foreigner.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-TurkeyTop
bmw said "Trump says the opposite, I will be inclined to believe Trump". Doesn't matter what the subject is.
-
originalzzmfmjock
- Posts: 239
- Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:37 pm
- Location: west michigan
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
Hey Honeyman, if you are lurking on this thread. WLAV-FM is still playing some of the same songs they were playing when we were working together at WLAV-AM in 1979. : )
Re: LAV Comes Up Short
LOL.....originalzzmfmjock wrote: ↑Mon Jan 19, 2026 11:32 pm Hey Honeyman, if you are lurking on this thread. WLAV-FM is still playing some of the same songs they were playing when we were working together at WLAV-AM in 1979. : )
And if John Shepard were still alive, it would be from the same physical album.
The censorship king from out of state.
Dickish and right.
Dickish and right.