Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Bobbert

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:10 am

ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:06 pm
sparty89 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:58 pm
ItsJustCharlie wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:02 pm
Momo wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:00 pm
How soon before Aaron's birthday gift is on eBay ... or stolen?
I hope not for awhile, as that was 3D printed from scratch. We'll see if it survives the next show.
Can you post a picture of Ron's plaque?
That's really cool. Nice gesture.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:12 am

Dan in Northville wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:58 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:48 pm
Dan in Northville wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:44 pm
I'm starting to get a hankering for a gas station burger
There's a Zo's Good Burger at the gas station at Six Mile and Haggerty. :)

That's a damn fine looking burger.................and it's right down the street from me. I'm gonna have to give it a try. Always wondered about that place. Thanks, Bobbert
I've never been there either, but that picture definitely got my attention. I'll have to check it out (along with the new Dairy Queen that they just opened down the street from me on Five Mile).

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:14 am

jsf wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:21 pm
I missed how Ron got that plaque, did he win it or make it himself?
The guys who host the show that comes on after Ron gave it to him as a belated birthday present (January 19 was Ron's 79th birthday).

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:00 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:00 pm
Ron actually thinks that he might run into Sean Hannity in person at WDTK.
With Hannity asking, “What are YOU doing here?” before the two convulsed with laughter & hugged it out.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:56 pm

I went into an AI story generator (https://perchance.org/ai-story-generator), and entered "A story about Ron Cameron, a sports talk host in Detroit". Nothing else. The results were surprisingly close to a Buzzboard parody.
On a chilly night in downtown Detroit, the neon lights of the city danced across the walls of the abandoned warehouse. The sound of distant sirens echoed through the empty streets, their wails piercing the silence like the cries of a lost soul. It was here, amidst the shadows and decay, that Ron Cameron found himself, his life reduced to little more than a shadow of its former self. Once a celebrated sports talk host in Detroit, Ron now huddled in the darkness, his breath fogging the air as he clutched a half-empty bottle of whiskey. The weight of his failures pressed down on him like a thousand tons of concrete, and with each passing minute, he felt himself slipping further into oblivion.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:29 pm

We, too, can be replaced, Bobbert! Other than imagining a not much in evidence, self-reflective Ron, that's pretty amazing.

sparty89

Post by sparty89 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:49 pm

In the last 24 hours, "Ron" has posted no fewer than four ads on X for his foot doctor.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:39 pm

Momo wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:29 pm
We, too, can be replaced, Bobbert! Other than imagining a not much in evidence, self-reflective Ron, that's pretty amazing.
Yeah, I almost felt like retiring from parody writing after I saw that.

I've got a strange feeling that this thread was scanned before that story was written.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:54 pm

Momo wrote:
I just had to try one more. I entered "Detroit sports talk host Ron Cameron sues Los Angeles Chargers coach Jim Harbaugh for ten dinners that Cameron claims he bought Harbaugh in the 1980s."
Detroit sports talk host Ron Cameron was notorious for his acerbic wit and unapologetic opinions. But even his most ardent fans were caught off guard when he announced plans to sue Los Angeles Chargers coach Jim Harbaugh in a live broadcast. Cameron claimed that during his days as a struggling college quarterback at the University of Michigan in the 1980s, Harbaugh had accepted ten dinners from him. Cameron insisted that these meals were not acts of kindness or friendship, but rather business transactions, and as such, Harbaugh owed him $10,000 for each dinner, plus interest and legal fees. The sports world was abuzz with speculation about the case, which quickly became fodder for late-night talk shows and watercooler debates across the country.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:54 pm
Momo wrote:
I just had to try one more. I entered "Detroit sports talk host Ron Cameron sues Los Angeles Chargers coach Jim Harbaugh for ten dinners that Cameron claims he bought Harbaugh in the 1980s."
Detroit sports talk host Ron Cameron was notorious for his acerbic wit and unapologetic opinions. But even his most ardent fans were caught off guard when he announced plans to sue Los Angeles Chargers coach Jim Harbaugh in a live broadcast. Cameron claimed that during his days as a struggling college quarterback at the University of Michigan in the 1980s, Harbaugh had accepted ten dinners from him. Cameron insisted that these meals were not acts of kindness or friendship, but rather business transactions, and as such, Harbaugh owed him $10,000 for each dinner, plus interest and legal fees. The sports world was abuzz with speculation about the case, which quickly became fodder for late-night talk shows and watercooler debates across the country.

Every interaction he has is a business transaction, which leaves the other party indebted in his eyes

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:02 pm

I did not listen to this latest program. Met a long time friend for lunch and laughs at Duggan’s, so I missed the show. I am wondering what Ron’s take on the Lions was as far as the buzz that I am sure most of us can feel about this game. In my eyes, I don’t think this town has ever been this excited for any sporting event except maybe the 68 Tigers in the World Series. I can picture the old curmudgeon not sensing the high that seems to be building by the minute. Did he show any excitement about it?

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:57 am

Majik wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:02 pm
I did not listen to this latest program. Met a long time friend for lunch and laughs at Duggan’s, so I missed the show. I am wondering what Ron’s take on the Lions was as far as the buzz that I am sure most of us can feel about this game. In my eyes, I don’t think this town has ever been this excited for any sporting event except maybe the 68 Tigers in the World Series. I can picture the old curmudgeon not sensing the high that seems to be building by the minute. Did he show any excitement about it?
He kept talking about the outcome of the game depending on whether a certain player plays. I don't remember him naming the player, but I'm guessing it was San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Deebo Samuel.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:13 am

Bobbert wrote:
Momo wrote:
Talk about qualities not much in evidence. AI lost me here describing the utterly witless Ron's "acerbic wit." I knew Dorothy Parker, Dorothy Parker was a friend of mine. Ron Cameron is no Dorothy Parker.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:16 am

Majik wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:02 pm
As he dismissively - hopefully - said "don't go there" earlier in the season when a caller suggested the Lions might be Super Bowl-bound, Ron was able to tamp down any enthusiasm for the possibility.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:52 am

Momo wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:13 am
Bobbert wrote:
Momo wrote:
Talk about qualities not much in evidence. AI lost me here describing the utterly witless Ron's "acerbic wit." I knew Dorothy Parker, Dorothy Parker was a friend of mine. Ron Cameron is no Dorothy Parker.
My favorite part was:
Cameron insisted that these meals were not acts of kindness or friendship, but rather business transactions, and as such, Harbaugh owed him $10,000 for each dinner, plus interest and legal fees.
In Ron's mind, this might be close to the truth. Just ask George Eichorn.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic