Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
Momo

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:28 am

Round Six wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:58 pm
Mutt wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:23 pm
Is this award winning show available as a podcast?
It warms my heart to see that you are realizing just how masterful and consummate The Ron Cameron Show is.
You have seen the Light.
Resistance is futile.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:53 am

Side By Side

As sung by Ron and Martin

Well we ain't got a whole lot of callers
So Ron gets real angry and hollers
But we'll travel along, gettin' things wrong
Side by side

We're both just two radio nomads
There's talents we wish that we both had
Down on Poverty Row, there isn't much dough
Side by side

We can't take the heat from the Buzzboard
Who listen too closely to our words
They are probably right, but we'll keep up the fight
Side by side

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:47 am

Great post Bobbert.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:50 am

Kidcat wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:47 am
Great post Bobbert.
Thanks. Maybe Martin will acknowledge our contributions to The Ron Cameron Experience by using this song as the lead-in song on Fridays.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:09 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:53 am
Side By Side

Side by side

Side by side

Side by side

Another great song parody, Bobbert!

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:05 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:09 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Side By Side

Side by side

Side by side

Side by side

Thanks. It's fair to say that those two really deserve each other.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:14 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:05 pm
Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 12:09 pm
Bobbert wrote:
Side By Side

Side by side

Side by side

Side by side

Thanks. It's fair to say that those two really deserve each other.
Yes. Among other shared characteristics, they both have a distant relationship to the truth.

briangoleb14

Post by briangoleb14 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:22 pm

Matt, excuse me Ron is talking buzzboard onTwitter.. Matt needs a life

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:44 pm

Martin, if you want to speak in the voice of Ron - or Cowboy - it’s probably best to get your facts right. Ron is 78, not 77.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:52 pm

Momo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:44 pm
Martin, if you want to speak in the voice of Ron - or Cowboy - it’s probably best to get your facts right. Ron is 78, not 77.
Martin get his facts right .Momo you are asking the impossible.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:38 pm

I wasn't going to share this e-mail publicly, but since Martin called me out on Twitter, here it is. It's a response to the last e-mail that I sent the show, and quotes something I wrote here.

(Also, I have no idea who @bmick67 is, in reference to today's Twitter post. That's not me.)
"I think it was something that Alex put together at WDTK and was maybe copyrighted in some way by the station. When Alex was producing, he used to do a voiceover at the end of the song—"This has been Sportstalk with Ron Cameron" or something like that.

Or maybe Martin just doesn't want to use somebody else's idea"

---------------------------------------------------
I try everything to give Ron a great show, DO you know its hard every day to work with him??

You don't, YOU know NOTHING how radio shows works, Ron tells me what to do and I do it.

I will stand up to him when I know hes making bad decisions on the radio show.

Its sad that you all in buzzboard make fun of him when YOU know his health is declining and its not looking good for RON!

SO keep up with your jokes about Ron and momo minions, I hope you parents are doing well, I hope they are NOT going through what RON is going through! Hope to God that you don't have RON's health problems.

If all you guys called the show it would be the best show on wpon-am, BUT, you won't you are all chicken shit to stand up to him on the air and hide behind your fake names!

Queen "we are champions", we can play it but time is money, ron wants to get on the air quickly!!

Once again you don't know anything, so why bother telling you guys!

Enjoy your day.

Kidcat

Post by Kidcat » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:22 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:38 pm
I wasn't going to share this e-mail publicly, but since Martin called me out on Twitter, here it is. It's a response to the last e-mail that I sent the show, and quotes something I wrote here.

(Also, I have no idea who @bmick67 is, in reference to today's Twitter post. That's not me.)
"I think it was something that Alex put together at WDTK and was maybe copyrighted in some way by the station. When Alex was producing, he used to do a voiceover at the end of the song—"This has been Sportstalk with Ron Cameron" or something like that.

I try everything to give Ron a great show, DO you know its hard every day to work with him??

You don't, YOU know NOTHING how radio shows works, Ron tells me what to do and I do it.

Its sad that you all in buzzboard make fun of him when YOU know his health is declining and its not looking good for RON!

SO keep up with your jokes about Ron and momo minions, I hope you parents are doing well, I hope they are NOT going through what RON is going through! Hope to God that you don't have RON's health problems.

If all you guys called the show it would be the best show on wpon-am, BUT, you won't you are all chicken shit to stand up to him on the air and hide behind your fake names!

Queen "we are champions", we can play it but time is money, ron wants to get on the air quickly!!

Enjoy your day.
I think it is admirable that Martin sticks up for Ron
Especially with,the way Ron treats him
I,agree that if we all called in,it would be the best show on,WPON,,Ido not,call in because if you,disagtee with Ron he cuts yoi off I may not know the inner workings of radio,but I do know that if you,are on the radio,and can dish it out like,Ron has regarding,Dickerson, Price and Beckman
You better be ready to take it.

edj

Post by edj » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:26 pm

Ron cuts off all who disagree- with the exception of Kurt.

If Martin really stood up to Ron he would have a new producer by now. Martin just rolls over.

This attitude is nothing new from Ron. You can't blame it all on health.

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:33 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:38 pm

Enjoy your day.
Interesting that, on one hand, Martin raises Ron's health as he objects to Ron being the butt of jokes here, yet, on the other hand, laments that we - for the most part, at least - don't call, to presumably deliver our takes to Ron personally. How, it seems reasonable to ask, would the latter be more sensitive to Ron's health? How many angry "fellas" could Ron's precarious health stand?! It would seem we're doing him & his physical well-being a favor by keeping our comments to "ourselves." Martin seems to exist in the same fantasyland as Ron. The "best show on wpon-am'?! That's dreamland talk.

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:28 pm

Martin, if you want to pick on someone for criticizing and disparaging those who may be in ill health, or even already dead, you may want to listen more closely at your boy Ron's almost weekly scathing opinions of local broadcasters, sports stars, and team executives, a list of whom would fill up more than a few pages on this thread.

............and yes, we are well aware how difficult it must be to work with him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic