Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU vs. UM predictions

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Rate This

Re: MSU vs. UM predictions

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:55 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:42 am
Pretty good summary: https://mgoblog.com/content/i-got-your-sign

HM doesn't even truly believe the nonsense he typed...
The guy sounds like you… a fanboy…. We are approaching Harbaugh shooting someone on fifth Avenue territory here…

We even have excuses for why it’s nobody’s fault… just some analyst who hired some people to go scout in person… I mean get rid of the analyst… that guy thought it up on his own… and on and on the excuses go… bad actor? This is Michigan! We don’t have those here!

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:13 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:21 am
So going forward, Michigan maintains an unfair advantage. All future opponents will have to put in extra time learning new signals or systems of signals. They'll use more wristbands, scripted drives, and they'll run players in and out more often with the plays. On offense, that's a H*** disadvantage as it gives the defense the right to take their time substituting and getting their personnel right. It's a clear advantage that UM will enjoy due to ther being caught cheating.
Or a team just has 3 guys standing next to each other and each sends 2 different signals. Michigan has 1 chance in 6 of guessing correctly and maybe 30 seconds to pick.
MLB teams change their signals multiple times a season. Sometimes in the middle of a game. Changing signals isn't rocket science and not overly complicated.
Don't let your Michigan hate cloud logical thought.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:48 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:13 pm
Honeyman wrote:
So going forward, Michigan maintains an unfair advantage. All future opponents will have to put in extra time learning new signals or systems of signals. They'll use more wristbands, scripted drives, and they'll run players in and out more often with the plays. On offense, that's a H*** disadvantage as it gives the defense the right to take their time substituting and getting their personnel right. It's a clear advantage that UM will enjoy due to ther being caught cheating.
Or a team just has 3 guys standing next to each other and each sends 2 different signals. Michigan has 1 chance in 6 of guessing correctly and maybe 30 seconds to pick.
MLB teams change their signals multiple times a season. Sometimes in the middle of a game. Changing signals isn't rocket science and not overly complicated.
That sounds like a logistical nightmare. Once you figure out which isn’t the decoy you’d have to keep changing who is the right person to look to… there would be teams screwing their own signs up.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:01 pm

With players transferring through the portal by the thousands (8699 last time) you don't think teams change their signals regularly?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:08 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:01 pm
With players transferring through the portal by the thousands (8699 last time) you don't think teams change their signals regularly?
They change them regularly… but you’re talking about having 3 guys in a game giving 2 signals each… everybody has to know who and what is the right one… that’s a nightmare nobody is gonna want a part of especially if they have to reconfigure who is gonna be the non-decoy person if the other team figured out who was what… just… no.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:12 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Haters like HM and RT don't see logic when it comes to Michigan. Even Paul FUCKING Finebaum is saying this is nothing.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:16 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:01 pm
There are rules, and Michigan purposely broke them. They cheated. Why is this being excused?
The censorship king from out of state.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:18 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Smooth...you managed to blame the other teams for Michigan's cheating.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:44 pm

Sometimes I feel like I can have a more intelligent discussion with the middle schoolers on my bus.
I am not defending Michigan.
I am disputing the allegation that going forward, teams are at an ongoing disadvantage because they are incapable of adjusting in a timely fashion. Forget about my on the fly 3 guys thing. Teams change their signals regularly if for no other reason than 8000 players a year enter the transfer portal.
It is not a logistical nightmare involving "more wristbands, scripted drives, and they'll run players in and out more often with the plays." as suggested in the post I relied to.
Do any of you guys actually think a team keeps the same signals indefinitely? Do you not think they would at minimum change the signals when they are facing a team with a former player of theirs?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:48 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:44 pm
Sometimes I feel like I can have a more intelligent discussion with the middle schoolers on my bus.
I am not defending Michigan.
I am disputing the allegation that going forward, teams are at an ongoing disadvantage because they are incapable of adjusting in a timely fashion. Forget about my on the fly 3 guys thing. Teams change their signals regularly if for no other reason than 8000 players a year enter the transfer portal.
It is not a logistical nightmare involving "more wristbands, scripted drives, and they'll run players in and out more often with the plays." as suggested in the post I relied to.
Do any of you guys actually think a team keeps the same signals indefinitely? Do you not think they would at minimum change the signals when they are facing a team with a former player of theirs?
I speed and I don’t hit anybody or anything. No ticket right?

The issue sounds like they were actively having people go to the practices of upcoming opponents THIS SEASON… as in they may not change their signs more than season to season. So a former player is certainly one thing… but everybody isn’t adopting a new batch of signs every week… it’s just not feasible logistically…

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:56 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:44 pm
Of course not. They change regularly. Which is why Michigan apparently saw fit to send people out this season to get the latest info.

Robert Faygo

Post by Robert Faygo » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:22 pm

This all sounds like typical Michigan under Harbaugh. Find something that can get you a competitive advantage, then exploit it right to the very edge of being against the rules and questionably against the rules.

The question for the NCAA will be did they go over that line or just violate the spirit of the rule? Harbaugh's ability to anger the NCAA and his opponents by taking advantage of gray areas is second to none.

RT, where have you seen that this was taking place at opponents' practices vs. at their games?
Wellllll... la de frickin da

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:36 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 2:22 pm
This all sounds like typical Michigan under Harbaugh. Find something that can get you a competitive advantage, then exploit it right to the very edge of being against the rules and questionably against the rules.

The question for the NCAA will be did they go over that line or just violate the spirit of the rule? Harbaugh's ability to anger the NCAA and his opponents by taking advantage of gray areas is second to none.

RT, where have you seen that this was taking place at opponents' practices vs. at their games?
I meant games sorry…

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:39 pm

Robert Faygo wrote:

The NCAA will not do shit, per usual. However, the BT might.
The censorship king from out of state.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:44 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:39 pm
Robert Faygo wrote:

The NCAA will not do shit, per usual. However, the BT might.
Does anybody else wish this was 30 years ago or more and not a professional sports league wearing a fig leaf?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic