Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cocaine found in the West Wing

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Matt

Cocaine found in the West Wing

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:25 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Re: Cocaine found in the West Wing

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:07 am

Maybe it was left over from Jimmy Carter's staff... I thought you learned libertarian.
Amid all the festivities aboard the Delta Queen, there came an ominous telephone call for President Carter at about 8:15 last Thursday night. It was the new Attorney General, Benjamin Civiletti. He regretfully told the President a stunning piece of news: he had just ordered the FBI to undertake a preliminary investigation of Carter’s two closest White House aides, Chief of Staff Hamilton Jordan and Press Secretary Jody Powell. The reason: an allegation that Jordan had snorted cocaine during a visit to New York City’s Studio 54, a celebrated disco club — the first version of the story said in April 1978 — and that Powell had been with him at the time.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:29 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:25 pm
Has to be Hunter's, right?

Seems to me it could be any number of people with access to the area.
When White House staff go to work I imagine they go through some sort of metal detector but are they searched every day for "white powder"?
I no longer directly engage trolls

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:25 am

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:07 am
Maybe it was left over from Jimmy Carter's staff... I thought you learned libertarian.
Amid all the festivities aboard the Delta Queen, there came an ominous telephone call for President Carter at about 8:15 last Thursday night. It was the new Attorney General, Benjamin Civiletti. He regretfully told the President a stunning piece of news: he had just ordered the FBI to undertake a preliminary investigation of Carter’s two closest White House aides, Chief of Staff Hamilton Jordan and Press Secretary Jody Powell. The reason: an allegation that Jordan had snorted cocaine during a visit to New York City’s Studio 54, a celebrated disco club — the first version of the story said in April 1978 — and that Powell had been with him at the time.
I actually started this to prevent Ben/TCSU from writing a novel about this. I don't really give a shit what Hunter does. It's his life.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:28 am

Probably wasn't hunter, probably was a staffer
― Matt

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:11 am

Matt wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:25 pm
Has to be Hunter's, right?

https://apnews.com/article/white-house- ... c955ff1b4f
I figured Don Jr. left it behind.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:17 am

In my misspent youth losing track of your blow was not an option. Cost too much and frankly disappeared too fast. :oops:
I no longer directly engage trolls

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:18 am

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:25 am
I don't really give a shit what Hunter does. It's his life.
Well, that's 180 degrees in the opposite direction from the lefty-lesions' output on the subject of the previous presidents' children when he was in office.

Lest we forget.
"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:28 am

kager wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:18 am
Matt wrote:
Well, that's 180 degrees in the opposite direction from the lefty-lesions' output on the subject of the previous presidents' children when he was in office.

Lest we forget.
See two replies above yours.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:42 am

kager wrote:
Matt wrote:

Lest we forget.
Thing is they were given actual roles and things to do. Biden hasn’t done the same thing.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:03 pm

kager wrote:
Matt wrote:

Lest we forget.
You mean this douchebag? I pay attention when he gouges the American People...
The Trump Organization appears to have overcharged the Secret Service for stays at Trump-owned properties by agents protecting the then-president. The charges exceeded the government's approved rate, according to the House Oversight Committee, which says Secret Service records show payments totaling over $1.4 million.

"The exorbitant rates charged to the Secret Service and agents' frequent stays at Trump-owned properties raise significant concerns about the former President's self-dealing and may have resulted in a taxpayer-funded windfall for former President Trump's struggling businesses," Chairwoman Carolyn Maloney wrote in a letter to Kimberly Cheatle, the service's director.

According to the documents, the Secret Service was charged as much as $1,185 per room per night, nearly five times the government rate, which is set by the General Services Administration.

This is a far cry from what Trump Organization Executive Vice President Eric Trump claimed in 2020 — that rooms were provided "at cost" to the Secret Service.
― Matt

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:06 pm

Someone in Washington is using narcotics?

This is an outrage. I am outraged.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:56 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:06 pm
Someone in Washington is using narcotics?

This is an outrage. I am outraged.
That information could not be derived from this story.

Cocaine is a Schedule 2 controlled substance, but it is not a narcotic.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:01 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:28 am
kager wrote:
Matt wrote:

Lest we forget.
See two replies above yours.
Saw that & all posts not blocked before I posted; even read the lossless intelligent AP bit fully, too, thanks.

One can count on those always circling the wagons to help prove the point made by an outsider.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:47 am

When a press secretary claims they cannot comment on a situation like this because of the Hatch Act, you know they're hiding something.

You're gonna tell me that in one of the most secure buildings in the world, they don't know who put it there?
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic